BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) BDC_BODY 3140 PfLinSteeringWheel

01-10-2024, 05:52 AM   #1
limsheng
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Garage List
2016 BMW X1  [9.00]
BDC_BODY 3140 PfLinSteeringWheel

Hi guys I’m learning about the coding in this submenu
So on the list I want to know what is LRE and SZL? MFL I assume it’s the multi function settings.
I’m not sure if my default setting for LIN_VARIANTE_MFL is nicht_activ
My steering wheel is the sport steering with only LIM button.
After that, I’ve decided to purchase a AliExpress product (I know they’re not always functioning well like the tpms sensors) the M1 M2 buttons to control drive mode Sport,Comfort,EcoPro.
Initially after installed only the M1 button worked which can toggle Sport mode.
And I worked on bimmerlink to try to wiggle things a bit, the buttons don’t work anymore.
Yes, I’ve tried to turn on the dcc function. Because I’ve asked the seller if this left side button control board is a copy of the dcc function. He replied ‘yes’.
So maybe I didn’t code properly and caused all the ‘ dcc malfunction’ errors pop out and M1 M2 buttons didn’t work. But my original functions were unharmed; LIM, right side buttons.
I was thinking if I need to change the right side button control board for dcc to work? Or if there’s any LIN code that I could edit from the coding list if that’s the case?
I’ve read that you must change that pair of buttons with dcc function for it to work. But I just need to know why?
Maybe I’m just messing things up badly with Ali products lol
On a side note I plugged in a ‘speed limit info’ module to simulate kafas (from Ali) and got the speed limit info on my cluster. And then I switched back to my speed display. Hah.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-10-2024, 06:25 AM   #2
mrpingu
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F48 X1 xDrive 18D

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by limsheng View Post
Hi guys I’m learning about the coding in this submenu
So on the list I want to know what is LRE and SZL? MFL I assume it’s the multi function settings.
I’m not sure if my default setting for LIN_VARIANTE_MFL is nicht_activ
My steering wheel is the sport steering with only LIM button.
After that, I’ve decided to purchase a AliExpress product (I know they’re not always functioning well like the tpms sensors) the M1 M2 buttons to control drive mode Sport,Comfort,EcoPro.
Initially after installed only the M1 button worked which can toggle Sport mode.
And I worked on bimmerlink to try to wiggle things a bit, the buttons don’t work anymore.
Yes, I’ve tried to turn on the dcc function. Because I’ve asked the seller if this left side button control board is a copy of the dcc function. He replied ‘yes’.
So maybe I didn’t code properly and caused all the ‘ dcc malfunction’ errors pop out and M1 M2 buttons didn’t work. But my original functions were unharmed; LIM, right side buttons.
I was thinking if I need to change the right side button control board for dcc to work? Or if there’s any LIN code that I could edit from the coding list if that’s the case?
I’ve read that you must change that pair of buttons with dcc function for it to work. But I just need to know why?
Maybe I’m just messing things up badly with Ali products lol
On a side note I plugged in a ‘speed limit info’ module to simulate kafas (from Ali) and got the speed limit info on my cluster. And then I switched back to my speed display. Hah.

DCC needs also other 'expert' coding VO544 consists of. Easiest way to fix your isuess is to VO-code the car to original using e-sys

If you want to try to fix it using BimmerCode Expert Mode

BDC_BODY
PfLinSteeringWheel -> 3140 > LIN_VARIANTE_MFL = DCC_Sports_SLD
HU_NBT
EXBOX 3001 > DCC = aktiv
KOMBI
FZG_Ausstattung -> 3003 > LDM_VERBAUT = dcc
DSC2
DSC_FAS_CODIERDATEN 3009 > C_Fahrfunktion = DCC
      01-10-2024, 09:34 AM   #3
limsheng
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Garage List
2016 BMW X1  [9.00]
Thanks mrpingu for the code list. I still haven’t sort out my ssd and install e-sys on it.
I also found the svt compare on bimmerlink for the VO 544 and wondering what’s the difference between DDC_Sports_SLD and DDC_Sports_SLD_EINSTUFIG(73)

Writing these codes on my phone isn’t easy at all lol.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-10-2024, 09:38 AM   #4
mrpingu
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F48 X1 xDrive 18D

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by limsheng View Post
Thanks mrpingu for the code list. I still haven’t sort out my ssd and install e-sys on it.
I also found the svt compare on bimmerlink for the VO 544 and wondering what’s the difference between DDC_Sports_SLD and DDC_Sports_SLD_EINSTUFIG(73)

Writing these codes on my phone isn’t easy at all lol.
Yeah SVT compare is usefu just follow what the SVT compare says, that should give the right values. Same as what VO-code with e-sys would have done