BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Missing a function in Bimmercode?

11-26-2023, 11:11 AM   #1
limsheng
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Garage List
2016 BMW X1  [9.00]
Missing a function in Bimmercode?

Hi guys I’m really lost when searching for this Integrated Chasis Management in my bimmercode. Where can I find it?
I was looking for the menu ICMQL > Daren 3000
I’m thinking if I mess too much of these will bring chaos to my car ecu lol.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-26-2023, 02:00 PM   #2
mrpingu
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F48 X1 xDrive 18D

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by limsheng View Post
Hi guys I’m really lost when searching for this Integrated Chasis Management in my bimmercode. Where can I find it?
I was looking for the menu ICMQL > Daren 3000
I’m thinking if I mess too much of these will bring chaos to my car ecu lol.
We don’t have ICM module in X1 F48, it’s in the BDC.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2023, 05:29 AM   #3
limsheng
Private
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X1  [9.00]
Thanks @mrpingu will go through the list again quite a long one. I was supposed to type daten 3000 actually

How’s your comfort access retrofit going? Anyways when I was figuring how to remove my front bumper I saw an antenna poking out from right side of the air slot at bottom corner and wondered is that the antenna for sensing remote key?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2023, 06:26 AM   #4
mrpingu
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks @mrpingu will go through the list again quite a long one. I was supposed to type daten 3000 actually
What are you trying to do?
Looks to me you got some cheat sheet from somewhere and trying to find a specific value. Am I correct?

If that's the case
Better search the FDL value directly in Bimmercode, often you can find it by just searching within bimmercode. (pull down to reveal the search bar, atleast on iOS)

Lot of values have been scattered around as we don't have ICM module, part is taken over by the BDC part is taken over by the SAS module (which bimmercode doesn't have support for in expert mode)

Edit: Didn't saw the mention about the 322 retrofit. It's practically done and working without trouble, only thing left is 1) the passenger side doorhandle 2) button on the tailgate with central lock, currently only the close button. But the system works without these without errors so.
The antenna you saw poking out, is the ambient air temperature sensor: https://www.bimmerworld.com/BMW-Part...816905133.html

If curious, take a look at the retrofit thread, I posted pictures of all antenna locations. There is none in the frontbumper, exterior only sideskirts and rear bumper. Rest of the antennas are in the interior (and 3 of them are pre-fitted in center console for keyless start of engine)

Last edited by mrpingu; 11-27-2023 at 06:33 AM..
Appreciate 1
      11-27-2023, 10:53 AM   #5
limsheng
Private
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X1  [9.00]
Hah so that’s what the sensor is about.
I’m still poking around the car but not taking apart anything off , yet.
As I’m only using my phone for coding and searching around sometimes I lost track of the informations. Not sure how to add links in this post.
I just saw some other models posted about m-sport steering left button with the only LIM can code in cruise control(which I don’t have) and thought I could try it out during the night. But failed. I missed one part of needing to add VO using e-sys? That I don’t have.
Maybe it’s a good thing to start with.
Oh, I’m also planning to add tpms and try if it works. But also, need to add VO.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2023, 12:04 PM   #6
mrpingu
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hah so that’s what the sensor is about.
I’m still poking around the car but not taking apart anything off , yet.
As I’m only using my phone for coding and searching around sometimes I lost track of the informations. Not sure how to add links in this post.
I just saw some other models posted about m-sport steering left button with the only LIM can code in cruise control(which I don’t have) and thought I could try it out during the night. But failed. I missed one part of needing to add VO using e-sys? That I don’t have.
Maybe it’s a good thing to start with.
Oh, I’m also planning to add tpms and try if it works. But also, need to add VO.
I see, that's how I started aswell, then I needed trailer hitch and went for OEM solution from scrapyard parts & new wiring/retrofit kit from BMW. Then I noticed that I liked doing it and started to find parts from junkyards all around the country if the price was right. Used about 3 months to source all parts for good prices.

Well you cannot VO-code without e-sys but you can calculate the values from VO-code and then apply them manually using BimmerCode. I did that sometimes to test some retrofit functions quickly. Then when I have time I VO-code the car with the laptop so I know the dealer programs it correctly aswell.

You can calculate VOcodes to FDL codes aswell:
TPMS (S2VBA) consists of the following entries

BDC BODY
RC_RDC_ENABLE -> Aktiv (01)

DSC2 (I don't think BimmerCode can read this ECU)
C_Funktion_Reifenpannenerkennung_Aktiv_e -> RDC
QdmRdcDep -> isRDC(01)

KOMBI
DSC_MIT_RPA -> ohne_RPA

HU_ENTRYNAV2
RDC -> Aktiv (01)
RPA -> nicht_aktiv (01)
RDC_FORTSCHRITTSANZEIGE -> aktiv (00)
REIFENUEBERWACHuNG_RDC_RPA -> rdc (02)
RDC_DRUCK_TEMP -> druck (01)
CONDITION_CHECK -> aktiv (01)

Biggest handicap of Bimmercode is that it cannot read all ECUs, unfortunately.
If you are getting more serious I would recommend to buy BimmerUtility, it's easier to understand than e-sys and is now standalone meaning that you don't need e-sys anymore to edit FDL and/or VO. It's more powerful than bimmercode, yet almost as user friendly as bimmercode aswell. If I knew before I would have bought the bimmerutility adapter right away and dropped the vLink I used with BimmerCode.
      11-27-2023, 09:27 PM   #7
limsheng
Private
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X1  [9.00]
Thanks @mrpingu I’ll have a look in the bimmerutility
Yes I really can’t find the DSC2 and ICMQL in BDC menu and it’s frustrating browsing the sub menu one by one
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2023, 12:50 AM   #8
mrpingu
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks @mrpingu I’ll have a look in the bimmerutility
Yes I really can’t find the DSC2 and ICMQL in BDC menu and it’s frustrating browsing the sub menu one by one

DSC2 is separate ECU which is used in X1 by BMW but ICM not. The X1 is little bit different.
BMW used severa ECU’s before and them merged them together F30 has for example REM snd FEM, while in F48 these see merged in BDC. Also the CAS has been Integrated into BDC.
DSC2 is still it’s own ECU.

BMW’s own words:
Quote:
The Body Domain Controller (BDC) is a newly developed control unit with many integrated functions. The aim is to reduce the number of control units and improve component networking. At the same time, the optimisation of the wiring harness reduces the physical bus capacity.
Appreciate 1
      11-28-2023, 03:29 AM   #9
limsheng
Private
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X1  [9.00]
I wonder what will happen if I changed the coding to RDC except the DSC2 part since it can’t be found using bimmercode. Time to experiment lol.
Edit: coming back from some reading and realized since I can’t even tell the dsc module to change the tire pressure monitoring to tpms sensor the latter would be waste of time. Same goes for dcc setup.
Guess I’ll order an enet cable and get the bimmerutility
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2023, 11:21 AM   #10
limsheng
Private
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X1  [9.00]
So a bit of update after getting BimmerUtility with enet cable. Finally added 2VB and the smart code carried out the rest of coding with ease. Now I just have to fit the tpms sensors.
But it removed my settings I’ve done on previous bimmercode lol. I just set my led brake light/indicator light and it’s gone. I know BU can code it too and it’ll take some time to work it. Even some other settings were gone for example my drl led brightness set to 60% and parking light 50%. I mean these are the “cheat codes” from bimmercode which I found useful.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2023, 11:28 AM   #11
limsheng
Private
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X1  [9.00]
I tried to add VO 544 (or is it salapa?) in coding cruise control but to no avail. Thought I could activate my LIM button on the center and the spare buttons top and bottom.
It will only work if I change the buttons with ‘LIM, reset, cruise control’? My current buttons are ‘empty, LIM, empty’.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2023, 05:28 PM   #12
mrpingu
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
So a bit of update after getting BimmerUtility with enet cable. Finally added 2VB and the smart code carried out the rest of coding with ease. Now I just have to fit the tpms sensors.
But it removed my settings I’ve done on previous bimmercode lol. I just set my led brake light/indicator light and it’s gone. I know BU can code it too and it’ll take some time to work it. Even some other settings were gone for example my drl led brightness set to 60% and parking light 50%. I mean these are the “cheat codes” from bimmercode which I found useful.
VO-coding resets any custom coding for that ECU you are coding. VO-coding basically calculates all options / settings based on the optioncodes in the VO list. Then it writes all the default values to the ECUs you are applying this VO-Code to.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2023, 05:29 PM   #13
mrpingu
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I tried to add VO 544 (or is it salapa?) in coding cruise control but to no avail. Thought I could activate my LIM button on the center and the spare buttons top and bottom.
It will only work if I change the buttons with ‘LIM, reset, cruise control’? My current buttons are ‘empty, LIM, empty’.
AFAIK you need to change the buttons yes.

This blog gives some hints, F46 is same platform as X1(F48)
http://*********f46.blogspot.com/2016/10/dynamic-cruise-control-with-braking.html?m=0
Appreciate 1
      12-08-2023, 11:22 PM   #14
limsheng
Private
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X1  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpingu View Post
VO-coding resets any custom coding for that ECU you are coding. VO-coding basically calculates all options / settings based on the optioncodes in the VO list. Then it writes all the default values to the ECUs you are applying this VO-Code to.
Ah ok now I got it. Since I’ve already set some different values not according to default VO the next time I add VO I’ll have to edit each module’s code instead of using the smart code VO function.
It’s always impressive how you all get to list down the specific item to edit.
Haven’t got much time to explore the BU yet. Do I need to sit on the car to read the modules or can I save the data and study them at the comfort of my home desk?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2023, 03:23 AM   #15
mrpingu
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Ah ok now I got it. Since I’ve already set some different values not according to default VO the next time I add VO I’ll have to edit each module’s code instead of using the smart code VO function.
It’s always impressive how you all get to list down the specific item to edit.
Haven’t got much time to explore the BU yet. Do I need to sit on the car to read the modules or can I save the data and study them at the comfort of my home desk?
Yes there 2 different things when VO-coding the car.
1) Writing the VO/FA to the car
2) Coding the ECUs to the car

The first one writes the optioncodes to the car, so the car knows which option it has and also the BMW dealer then see which options the car has. If you still service / repair at the dealer this is important. I see for example that my car has retrofitted option 2TB, 235 in the car report using the VIN decoder of BimmerUtility. Next service they willl se also 508, 5DP, 322, 45A, 488
The second one codes all FDLvalues the ECU’s so they all can work together.

For your second question, you can save the NCD files, just open each ECU in BimmerUtility and you should see a folder on C:/BimmerUtility/data if I recall correctly (no access to my car coding laptop ATM) and you can study the the codes

For getting the codes for each VO-option code you have to save the SVT.xml and BO.xml and then use the tool in BU called ‘SVT compare’ this lets you calculate the new FDL values given a VO optioncode.
But be aware, if your option code does need a new ECU it won’t show ulnes it already was in the SVT. (This only applies when calculating things offline)

For example when I retrofitted electric seat, then the saet module is not in the SVT and you won’t see the values till you got it wired up and can read it with the car and have a new SVT.xml which includes this new ECU.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2023, 03:42 AM   #16
limsheng
Private
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X1  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpingu View Post
Yes there 2 different things when VO-coding the car.
1) Writing the VO/FA to the car
2) Coding the ECUs to the car

The first one writes the optioncodes to the car, so the car knows which option it has and also the BMW dealer then see which options the car has. If you still service / repair at the dealer this is important. I see for example that my car has retrofitted option 2TB, 235 in the car report using the VIN decoder of BimmerUtility. Next service they willl se also 508, 5DP, 322, 45A, 488
The second one codes all FDLvalues the ECU’s so they all can work together.

For your second question, you can save the NCD files, just open each ECU in BimmerUtility and you should see a folder on C:/BimmerUtility/data if I recall correctly (no access to my car coding laptop ATM) and you can study the the codes

For getting the codes for each VO-option code you have to save the SVT.xml and BO.xml and then use the tool in BU called ‘SVT compare’ this lets you calculate the new FDL values given a VO optioncode.
But be aware, if your option code does need a new ECU it won’t show ulnes it already was in the SVT. (This only applies when calculating things offline)

For example when I retrofitted electric seat, then the saet module is not in the SVT and you won’t see the values till you got it wired up and can read it with the car and have a new SVT.xml which includes this new ECU.
I’m slowly getting the idea now. I think there won’t be anything to add for now. I’ll try the SVT compare on my laptop this function seems interesting. And yes I found the xml file in BU after I did a backup.
Just did my rdc back to rpa for the TPMS for now and revert back once I’ve installed the sensors.
Thanks mrpingu
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2023, 10:42 AM   #17
limsheng
Private
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X1  [9.00]
Somehow I feel myself digging deeper into the rabbit hole as I’m downloading ista on my laptop lol. First off I’m looking for the service manual.
I broke something today. And I can’t able to find the correct name or part for it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-12-2023, 03:43 PM   #18
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Somehow I feel myself digging deeper into the rabbit hole as I’m downloading ista on my laptop lol. First off I’m looking for the service manual.
I broke something today. And I can’t able to find the correct name or part for it.
Most BMW part will have either the full 11 digit BMW part nbr (xx xx x xxx xxx) or sometimes (especially if there's not a lot of room on a small part)...the last 7 digits of the part nbr will be visible (x xxx xxx).

If you can find the BMW part nbr...you can then use one of the online part database sites like www.realoem.com or www.bimmercat.com to look up the part. Or try a Google search (ie BMW xx xx x xxx xxx) for the part.

I can't tell due to the angle...but could the underlined writing on the part circled in the pic below be the BMW part nbr?
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2023, 06:25 PM   #19
limsheng
Private
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X1  [9.00]
Hi thanks for pointing that out! Typed in the number and some fuel line connector result came out? That cannot be possible as the hose is only connected to intake manifold along with some sensors I think
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-13-2023, 10:56 AM   #20
knightarmor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

That part is not connected to the intake manifold. It is connected to another part that is clipped to the intake manifold but it doesn't actually connect directly into the intake manifold.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2023, 09:17 PM   #21
limsheng
Private
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X1  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightarmor View Post
That part is not connected to the intake manifold. It is connected to another part that is clipped to the intake manifold but it doesn't actually connect directly into the intake manifold.
Yeah at least it doesn’t pop out after driving these few days haha
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2024, 09:42 AM   #22
limsheng
Private
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X1  [9.00]
After a week of setting S2VB (TPMS) the reset progress would only reach 49% and failed to reset.
I’ve bought tpms sensors from AliExpress and maybe those were faulty to begin with.
Maybe my BDC module didn’t have the tpms antenna.
Too many questions and don’t know where to look. All I can do now is just pressing the “ perform reset “ button lol.
Appreciate 0