ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-29-2012, 07:54 PM   #1
G80indy
Save the Manuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z3, E46, G80

time for a real battery

The dealer put in a lower grade 570CCA BMW white case lead acid battery before I took delivery in 2008. I guess they successfully killed the OEM AGM black cased beast, as the car sat around waiting for someone to buy it...
the replacement battery has never failed but it's time to be replaced and I am not waiting for it to fail...

Today I picked up the 48EXTAGM from O'Reilly, 760CCA goodness. By the way, it's the same as the Deka 9A48 and Napa 9848.
http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...0423&ppt=C0005

It measured 12.7v when I hooked it up to the Griot' battery maintainer, and has an M1 code for Dec 2011 manuf. date so that's all good indication of a fairly fresh battery. Topped it off with the battery maintainer this afternoon. It put in up to 14.7v until it went into float charging, at 13.7v.

I put it in this evening.

Thanks to all of the folks at bimmerfest forums for tips and procedure, I did it in under an hour. That includes taking the mounting bracket out and verifying the fuel pump wire routing. Cleaned the area--- all reassembled and tight, Took a brief drive around the block. It started right up. I set the clock and reset the windows. All went well the first time around.
forum with bulletins regarding BMW batteries
I love the forums and now I have a great AGM battery in this ride, like it should be.
prost!!

Last edited by G80indy; 04-29-2012 at 10:04 PM..
Appreciate 0