BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-26-2012, 05:25 PM   #1
mbintx
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 135i, Miata, and a truck

Best source for interior trim

I have the poplar (?)wood trim in my 135i and am not a big fan. Plan is to wrap the two door handles and the passenger side horizontal dash trim in OEM alcantara to match the shift boot and e-brake boot (a la the 1M).

Which leaves shift boot surround and the ashtray surround and lid. To cover those in alcantara is a bit much, in my opinion, so I plan to replace them with plain black pieces (again, like in the 1M). Any advice on the best place to source these two items?

TIA.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 05:31 PM   #2
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbintx View Post
I have the poplar (?)wood trim in my 135i and am not a big fan. Plan is to wrap the two door handles and the passenger side horizontal dash trim in OEM alcantara to match the shift boot and e-brake boot (a la the 1M).

Which leaves shift boot surround and the ashtray surround and lid. To cover those in alcantara is a bit much, in my opinion, so I plan to replace them with plain black pieces (again, like in the 1M). Any advice on the best place to source these two items?

TIA.
The 1M interior trim part numbers can be found on RealOem, however, they do not list prices for these and OEM parts dealers do not have them in their parts catalogues.

I would contact Harold at HPA to see if he can get you the parts. He got me 1M fender liners which also are not available on OEM parts dealer sites. HPA has a shop 1m and so if the parts are vin locked, it shouldnt be a problem.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 08:38 PM   #3
mbintx
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 135i, Miata, and a truck

Thanks for the tip.
Appreciate 0