ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-12-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
davebho
Private
Rep
Drives: 06 M Coupe

NEW to zpost...

Hi guys, this is my first post...first time i've seen this site. I've been an active user at bimmerforums but found that the z4 page is pretty lonely over there.

A few months back bought an 06 interlagos blue M coupe, 49k miles, warranty till 76k miles or 2014...so far so good.

Started buying some stuff for it: stubby antenna, reflector decals, OEM strut bar and just some maintenance for now...

Anyways, just wanted to say hi. And since I know it will be asked, this is the only picture i have right now. Yes, the one next to it was mine too, but sold it recently. Long story, but bought the car, afraid to bring home and tell wife...left at work for a few days till i could muster up enough courage to tell her
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #2
v3.2mc
Not a New Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: with both hands and both feet

Garage List
2007 ///M Coupé  [10.00]
hello and welcome!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 12:15 PM   #3
gferil
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MC

Nice cars! So...when you finally told her...I'm guessing she was okay with it since you still have it right?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 12:19 PM   #4
nekky
Wagon life
Canada
Rep
Drives: '16 328d M Sport Touring

Very nice choice in cars lol.. Always loved the flying shoe
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 12:29 PM   #5
davebho
Private
Rep

lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by gferil View Post
Nice cars! So...when you finally told her...I'm guessing she was okay with it since you still have it right?
yah, generally i get crap for buying cars, but I tend to go thru one ever couple years. Her initial reaction when she saw it, "it's a lot nicer then the black one, but this blue looks like a kid car...you looked better in your 911..."

Can't really argue with that
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 12:43 PM   #6
davebho
Private
Rep

GFERIL - noticed you're in SF

Hi GFERIL, I noticed your in SF and have an Z4 M coupe...proposition for you. In my car, audio sounds like crap. Particularly when there's a mid-bass type of song, stereo sounds like popped subs or something. Dealer has looked at the car, and said it sounds fine, and without having another to compare it to, they cant do anything.

Here's the proposition. I'm at Pier 39 usually on Saturday or Sunday. Would you be willing to meet me in the parking structure, let me sit in your car and hear your radio for 5 minutes? I'd be willing to buy you breakfast or lunch in return. Sorry I can't PM...
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 12:44 PM   #7
esqu1re
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

Welcome to the forum! Was the Z3MC a S54 variant?

///M Coupe: RPI Scoop, OE Strut, CDV, Volk RE30, SS Brake Lines, Stromung Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 12:47 PM   #8
davebho
Private
Rep

no it wasn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqu1re View Post
Welcome to the forum! Was the Z3MC a S54 variant?
it was a 2000. S52, and was modded. I think it was around 260hp, it had CAI, exhaust, m50 intake and chipped sat on TCK coil overs...compared to this, it was easier to drive, and was a simpler car.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 12:50 PM   #9
Z4MLover2012
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Space Gray Z4M Coupe

Garage List
Welcome aboard! Nice car!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 12:51 PM   #10
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
Welcome! Love the Z3M!
      03-12-2012, 01:20 PM   #11
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Welcome! My car is the same color. My favorite! Congrats!

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 01:37 PM   #12
esqu1re
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebho View Post
it was a 2000. S52, and was modded. I think it was around 260hp, it had CAI, exhaust, m50 intake and chipped sat on TCK coil overs...compared to this, it was easier to drive, and was a simpler car.
First time hearing that the old car is easier to drive! Trailing rear arm and all. . .

The S52 is a great engine. I hear it's pretty bullet proof once you got a few things fixed. Any plans to mod the Z4M?

///M Coupe: RPI Scoop, OE Strut, CDV, Volk RE30, SS Brake Lines, Stromung Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #13
gferil
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Hi GFERIL, I noticed your in SF and have an Z4 M coupe...proposition for you. In my car, audio sounds like crap. Particularly when there's a mid-bass type of song, stereo sounds like popped subs or something. Dealer has looked at the car, and said it sounds fine, and without having another to compare it to, they cant do anything.

Here's the proposition. I'm at Pier 39 usually on Saturday or Sunday. Would you be willing to meet me in the parking structure, let me sit in your car and hear your radio for 5 minutes? I'd be willing to buy you breakfast or lunch in return. Sorry I can't PM...
Hahah...nice to meet you man. Lucky for you, my apartment building is right across from that parking lot you mentioned, so yes I'd be down to meet, send me your email or something so we can coordinate things.

Be warned though, I have the BSW Stage 1 upgrade kit in my car so it is going to sound different (and in my opinion much better) than stock, but for what it's worth I was rocking the stock system for a while so I'll be able to listen to yours and let you know if it sounds off.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 02:47 PM   #14
davebho
Private
Rep

thanks

Quote:
Hahah...nice to meet you man. Lucky for you, my apartment building is right across from that parking lot you mentioned, so yes I'd be down to meet, send me your email or something so we can coordinate things.

Be warned though, I have the BSW Stage 1 upgrade kit in my car so it is going to sound different (and in my opinion much better) than stock, but for what it's worth I was rocking the stock system for a while so I'll be able to listen to yours and let you know if it sounds off.
Thanks man. Actually because of the upgrade, I don't need to. I actually need to meet someone to see if my system is 'normal'. As it's still under warranty, and if it isn't 'normal' I can get it fixed...thanks though!

As for planned mods, nothing right now, and because the car is still under warranty, I'll be doing next to nothing with it. I should just cash in the warranty and spend it on mods
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 04:25 PM   #15
gferil
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Thanks man. Actually because of the upgrade, I don't need to. I actually need to meet someone to see if my system is 'normal'. As it's still under warranty, and if it isn't 'normal' I can get it fixed...thanks though!

As for planned mods, nothing right now, and because the car is still under warranty, I'll be doing next to nothing with it. I should just cash in the warranty and spend it on mods
It's cool, no worries. Like I said, at the very least I can listen to your system and let you know if that is what mine sounded like before I did the Stage 1 upgrade.

If you ever want to meet let me know, I have some basic suspension mods, Gruppe M intake, transmission mods, etc. and if you want to see what the car is like with those mods I'd be more than happy to show you.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 04:35 PM   #16
santov
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si White over Beige

Welcome! I'm in San Jose area!

At first I hated the clown shoe Z3 coupes, but they're starting to grow on me. Anyways, the Z4 coupes are way sexier!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #17
davebho
Private
Rep

Quote:
If you ever want to meet let me know, I have some basic suspension mods, Gruppe M intake, transmission mods, etc. and if you want to see what the car is like with those mods I'd be more than happy to show you.
Dude, I have to resist...once I get the little bug, I'm going get out of control...but I've seen that intake, it's sick!

As for the shoe, I think i miss the light weight flywheel the most, it was so fregging grabby and rev matching for downshifts were so much easier...
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 05:55 PM   #18
gferil
Captain
Rep

Yeah man, if that's the case, then stay away, cause the sound of the GruppeM intake paired with the raw sound that the Option 1 UUC transmission mounts gave the car make this car sound so exotic when above 4K RPM. And this week I'm having a local exhaust shop put together a custom exhaust with Borla cans...so that is hopefully going to be sick...
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 06:34 PM   #19
nekky
Wagon life
Canada
Rep
Drives: '16 328d M Sport Touring

You guys get to have so much fun down south
Appreciate 0