BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-16-2012, 09:46 AM   #1
SirSpeedy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

KV V3 spanner wrench

I just purchased and installed the KW V3. The kit was purchased new and only came with one spanner wrench. I believe there was a fairly recent revision to the kit though I do not believe it affected the way the height was changed. I cannot locate any documentation that definitively states it one or two wrench are supplied or required. Can a knowledgable person weigh in on this and let me know if this is a design change or a failure of KWs to supply a wrench?

I realize the KW accessories can be purchased through authorized retailers.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 11:13 AM   #2
JAJ
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500

Unlike many kits, the KW doesn't use a counter-rotating lock nut to jam the perch in place. The height adjustment is done by releasing the set screw and turning the perch, so it's not clear what purpose a second wrench would serve.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 11:26 AM   #3
SirSpeedy
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAJ View Post
Unlike many kits, the KW doesn't use a counter-rotating lock nut to jam the perch in place. The height adjustment is done by releasing the set screw and turning the perch, so it's not clear what purpose a second wrench would serve.
Thank you.

I have read mutliple things: 1. one wrench holds the spring while the other wrench changes the perch height, 2. the front and rear perches have their own specific wrenches.

Which, if any, is an accurate statement for the m3 application?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2012, 12:14 PM   #4
Richard@M-World
United_States
Rep
Drives: NASA TTA #92 M3

Does your rear height collar (purple) have rectangular slots (L) or half circle slots (R) on them?

If the former, you will need two. If the latter, you should only need one because it is common to the front perch.

Best way to know for sure is to test fit the spanner on the height collar/spring perch.
Attached Images

01-16-2012, 12:33 PM   #5
SirSpeedy
Private
Rep

My application has the half circle depicted on the right. I only require one wrench since the front and rear collars share the same design and tool.

Thank you for the photo and clarity in your explanation.
Appreciate 0