BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

12-04-2011, 12:41 AM   #1
C|3R1C
So Kewl Guy
Rep
Drives: 2010 E93 M3 DCT

E93 Chassis Vibration

Hi,

I wanted to ask if anyone with a E93 (or anyone in general) has had vibration problems in the cabin of the car. I have 42k miles and when I go over rough parts of the freeway, bumps, etc, I get these small vibration noises inside the drivers door, under the driver side dash near the windshield, and somewhere coming from the passenger side. These are those really small vibration sounds that are annoying as hell. Anyone have some ideas?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 03:19 PM   #2
CNice
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e93 m3

i just got into an e93 from an e90, and yes definitely i hear those noises on a regular basis. The guy whom i assumed the car from, thought there was something wrong with the car, and literally, had bmw take apart the roof and put it back together. Its the way its constructed, its not stable... Compared to my e90 which was stable as a rock.. It makes me not want to drive it as hard.. but when top is down its nice obviously..
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 11:22 PM   #3
C|3R1C
So Kewl Guy
Rep
Drives: 2010 E93 M3 DCT

Oh I totally understand the roof causing noise and it doesn't bother me because it is normal. My problem is from the door. I feel like the lock or something is able to vibrate, making a super tiny noise. Also, something under the dash next to where the bottom wind shield is connected to the car is vibrating and it making small tiny noises.
Appreciate 0