BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

Mporium BMW

11-30-2011, 03:25 AM   #1
BruinsBMW
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 LeMans Blue DCT

Is there anyone who bought your M3 through different State dealers?

Hi, I'm looking for my pre-owned M3...

Meanwhile, I found good looking M3 in Missouri. However, I'm living in Socal.
I've been keep away from out of state dealers, but it was pretty much same options that I was looking for.
However, still, I have to negotiate the price, since the price was a bit higher than my budget.
It is pretty far away from my town, so I may not available to test drive unless they make sure that they'll give me a discount deal.

Are you guys have an experience that made some deals with out of state dealer? If so, any tips? or advice?

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 10:43 AM   #2
trendy26
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 F82 M4

I bought mine Brand New out of state. Dealers where I am think M3's are made out of solid gold, so don't discount as much. However, buying new, my car was ordered and shipped to me with all of the plastic and everything still on it. Only 5 miles on it. NO test drive needed! lol

Contact EuroCarsOnline - His name is David Aviles. Great guy to work with!
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 01:28 PM   #3
BruinsBMW
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 LeMans Blue DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendy26 View Post
I bought mine Brand New out of state. Dealers where I am think M3's are made out of solid gold, so don't discount as much. However, buying new, my car was ordered and shipped to me with all of the plastic and everything still on it. Only 5 miles on it. NO test drive needed! lol

Contact EuroCarsOnline - His name is David Aviles. Great guy to work with!
Thanks for the nice comment!
However, I can't afford a brand new one though.
I can buy only pre-owned for now. The problem is...
Is it available that I negotiate the price by the phone call or email?
I have no connections at Missouri. As a matter of a fact, if I go there, the dealer will pick me up at the airport. And then, they will notice that I really want to buy their car, and they won't give that much of discount.

CA - MO is a very long way trip. It will be huge wasting if I fail to make a purchase whatsoever. I still can't decide what to do.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 04:43 PM   #4
bvernon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 Convertible

If you do your research ahead of time, you should be able to determine what the price should be for the car. I can't tell if your buying this from a BMW dealer or a 3rd party? If it's a 3rd party negotiate the price over the phone or via email but make the purchase contingent on the car being checked over at a BMW dealership. You can call a local BMW shop to find out what they charge for a general inspection. You should also consider whether the car has any remaining warranty on it. That should make your decision a little easier. If it all looks good, then make the trip out, take the car for the inspection and then make your decision. You can do all of the negotiating before you ever make the trip!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 11:06 AM   #5
chief
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Melbourne Red M3 Coupe

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.51]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvernon View Post
If you do your research ahead of time, you should be able to determine what the price should be for the car. I can't tell if your buying this from a BMW dealer or a 3rd party? If it's a 3rd party negotiate the price over the phone or via email but make the purchase contingent on the car being checked over at a BMW dealership. You can call a local BMW shop to find out what they charge for a general inspection. You should also consider whether the car has any remaining warranty on it. That should make your decision a little easier. If it all looks good, then make the trip out, take the car for the inspection and then make your decision. You can do all of the negotiating before you ever make the trip!
+1 .... Good advice.

I just did the same thing. I've purchased an '08 e92 out of Portland (I'm in SoCal) - expecting to receive the car by the end of next week.

The car I purchased is still covered by the factory warranty/maintenance program for another year. The seller is a reputable dealer for another high-end brand and has been very professional. I negotiated the price over the phone; ran the vin with my local BMW dealer to view the cars history (no issues); and will have the car shipped to me, followed by a service and inspection at my local dealer.

Before you call the seller, know how much you are willing to spend and the general cost of the cars you are looking at. My (unscientific) survey of the market...2008 e92s (still under warranty) are running $42k to $50k depending on options, trans, mileage and CPO status. Dealers who advertise on the internet generally have done previous long distance deals, and if they haven't and you will be the first, go somewhere else. There are some private party sellers who are offering cars at or below $42k if you can get comfortable working with them, but this is personal preference.

God luck!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 12:32 PM   #6
rantarM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendy26 View Post
I bought mine Brand New out of state. Dealers where I am think M3's are made out of solid gold, so don't discount as much.
I just don't understand why this is the case here in Florida. I also had to go out of state to order my new M3.

As for out of state purchases of used cars, the most important advice given by others is that you should inspect the car personally. Do not take the dealer's word on anything relating to condition. The price of airfare is miniscule in comparison to the potential loss on getting a car that's not up to your standards. Ask me how I know.... Don't let lazyness get in the way of a prudent decision.
Appreciate 0