XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

11-10-2011, 09:55 AM   #1
GoodGuyAvi
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80

Question Need help with Wheel Spacers

hi guys I confused.

On ebay I found this one:

Racemax Wheel Spacers 20mm with bolts

May some one recommend me a good wheel spacers please. (link)
How to choose right one for my car?
If I will do back 20mm and front 16mm it will be good ?

I got a -19" Light alloy Star-spoke wheels style 212-with all-season run-flat tires. (But on summer got 22 M style wheels)

Thank you friends !
Regards !

Last edited by GoodGuyAvi; 11-10-2011 at 11:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 10:19 PM   #2
northern2020
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 X5 M / '01 B5 S4/ 15 328d

[QUOTE=AvetNY;10777888]hi guys I confused.

[URL="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Racemax-Wheel-Spacers-20mm-bolts-BMW-E70-X5-E71-X6-/250808044882?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories
      11-11-2011, 04:57 AM   #3
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvetNY View Post
hi guys I confused.

Racemax Wheel Spacers 20mm with bolts

May some one recommend me a good wheel spacers please. (link)
How to choose right one for my car?
If I will do back 20mm and front 16mm it will be good ?

I got a -19" Light alloy Star-spoke wheels style 212-with all-season run-flat tires. (But on summer got 22 M style wheels)

Thank you friends !
Regards !
if you still have your summer set up with the 22's on the car, please take pics and show us. I remember when you were asking how the 22's would fit and it looked like you found some nice ///M style reps, so I wanna see the finished product...!!
      11-11-2011, 08:48 AM   #4
GoodGuyAvi
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
if you still have your summer set up with the 22's on the car, please take pics and show us. I remember when you were asking how the 22's would fit and it looked like you found some nice ///M style reps, so I wanna see the finished product...!!
My man, all my friends already took off the sexy wheels, and put a terrible all season sh*t
So whats the point to buy and hold in basement if there available all the time.
But no one from my people don't use a wheel spacers.,and when I tell them they began to say that in the winter I will destroy on the highway the sides body of car, because the stones. Be honest, I do not care,but they are just older than me, I think they know what they say. What do u think ?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2011, 07:46 AM   #5
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvetNY View Post
My man, all my friends already took off the sexy wheels, and put a terrible all season sh*t
So whats the point to buy and hold in basement if there available all the time.
But no one from my people don't use a wheel spacers.,and when I tell them they began to say that in the winter I will destroy on the highway the sides body of car, because the stones. Be honest, I do not care,but they are just older than me, I think they know what they say. What do u think ?
What your friends are telling you has some truth in it. because the wheel spacers bring the wheels out to the fenders and sides of the car, salt and stones do have the potential to be kicked up and possible cause a little road rash on the car.

To be honest, i know I should change my tires and wheels when the winter comes in but I never do. I ride the after market wheels all year round and I have done so with every car I've had and this is my 4th car. I have never experienced road rash on my cars even with the wide aftermarket rims and tires so maybe I have just been fortunate.

I'm more concerned about the rocks and salt being kicked up from the cars in front of me causing road rash on the front bumper more than my own tires kicking them up along the sides of my own car during the winter... just saying because I have seen more small knicks caused from them than from my own tires.