BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-06-2011, 06:20 PM   #1
07'335iAlpine
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 135i M-Sport

Help please....

Okay i just installed my lux h8 v3's. when i was looking to see how visible they are from different distances i noticed one of my HID's is brighter than the other. not the halos the halos match perfectly but the actual headlight on my driver side is alot brighter than my passenger side. like blinding bright.....im assuming they may need adjustment. but i was under the impression these were auto leveling headlights so that wouldn't be an issue......would really appreciate some help as to how i could fix this?????

Thanks,
Jacob
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2011, 12:54 AM   #2
1ToBeOn2Wheels
Freude am Fahren
United_States
Rep
Drives: B9 Audi S5 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07'335iAlpine View Post
Okay i just installed my lux h8 v3's. when i was looking to see how visible they are from different distances i noticed one of my HID's is brighter than the other. not the halos the halos match perfectly but the actual headlight on my driver side is alot brighter than my passenger side. like blinding bright.....im assuming they may need adjustment. but i was under the impression these were auto leveling headlights so that wouldn't be an issue......would really appreciate some help as to how i could fix this?????

Thanks,
Jacob
It may appear that way, as the beams are aimed to be slightly higher on the passenger side, and lower on the driver's side so it doesn't blind drivers in oncoming traffic.

If the difference really bothers you, there are white dials on the headlights (adjustable with a screwdriver) that will raise or lower the beam. The headlights are self-leveling, but only from the starting off (or zeroing) point which is adjusted by the dials. Hope that makes sense.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2011, 03:54 PM   #3
Eddie135
N55 Commando
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i - DCT - N55

It happens on mine as well.

I agree with you, my passenger side is higher than the driver side.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2011, 06:47 PM   #4
07'335iAlpine
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 135i M-Sport

i found a fix for this along time ago.......both are perfect now.
Appreciate 0