BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

11-04-2011, 12:12 AM   #1
W12x
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3, Z/28, Evo Final Edition

ZCP EDC/Suspensions vs regular EDC/Suspensions?

Have anyone compared the EDC/Suspensions on the ZCP package vs. the regular option EDC/regular suspensions?

As much as I want to get the ZCP when ordering the car, I just like the 220M wheels much better...and I don't think you can get the ZCP package with 220M wheels...
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 01:48 AM   #2
Ateam
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

I was in the same boat and chose no zcp due to the fact I wanted the normal 19 inch wheels. I felt having forged instead of cast and lighter wheels compared to the zcp wheels was more important than the minor changes in suspension the zcp came with. But primarly I liked the look of the regular 19s much more and did not want the hassle of ordering it, finding a buyer and selling the stock 19's and havin to buy a set of zcp wheels which is one way to still get the zcp package but have the wheels you want.

I personally did not want EDC at all so made the decision a no brainer. However if I were getting edc I think the zcp package is really worth it only because you can put it in the sport suspension mode and it maintains its "active" suspension which modifies the suspension depending on bumps/road surface. This is only available on the normal/comfort modes on the non-zcp edc cars and thus the sport mode on non-zcp is kind of useless as its overly stiff for almost anything but glass. Therefore you really only get 2 usable choices and who really will drive in comfort? Hardly anyone and therefore you pretty much end up staying in "normal" mode anyway with EDC. So not worth getting unless you do get zcp
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 02:47 AM   #3
W12x
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3, Z/28, Evo Final Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateam View Post
I was in the same boat and chose no zcp due to the fact I wanted the normal 19 inch wheels. I felt having forged instead of cast and lighter wheels compared to the zcp wheels was more important than the minor changes in suspension the zcp came with. But primarly I liked the look of the regular 19s much more and did not want the hassle of ordering it, finding a buyer and selling the stock 19's and havin to buy a set of zcp wheels which is one way to still get the zcp package but have the wheels you want.
Thanks for the input Ateam.

This is actually a harder decision for me since I do want the ZCP EDC setup, but I don't care about the 10mm drop and wheels lol.
As for the 220Ms being forged, it was not that big of a concern since I believe OEM BMW wheels are strong enough anyways, but IMO the 220M's design is better looking compared to the ZCP wheels.

Unless there is someway to get the ZCP and 220M, I guess I will just get the ZCP and maybe powder-coat the wheels since I think the ZCP wheels look better in a darker color.
Appreciate 0