ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > BMW Z4 Photos, Photoshops, Videos and other Media
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-27-2011, 09:13 PM   #1
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 3.0i, Z3 2.5i

Post MOD - Debadge

Here is a photo of my Z4 debadged and primped and detailed.

Got rid of both side and rear badges and ugly swirls in the paint....not 100% but a whole lot better than it was before.

Your thoughts?
Attached Images

'06 Z4 3.0i Jet Black/ Biege/Black
Leather / Premium Package / DICE Silverline DUO / Stubby Antenna / Matte Black Grill
Ultimate Cup Holder x2 / Gaptech RCH+ / First Aid storagebox x2 / Acrylic Wind Deflector
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 10:24 PM   #2
HaiDef
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i

Looks good, did you detail the car yourself? what compounds and pads did you use?
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 10:55 PM   #3
Incompatible
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 AW Z4C 3.0Si

Looks good. Although not all will agree, I think our cars look better debadged. Certainly easier to wash and wax.
      07-29-2011, 12:01 AM   #4
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hdoan86 View Post
Looks good, did you detail the car yourself? what compounds and pads did you use?
Thanks for the compliment....

Yes, did the 'cleaning' myself....not detailed... just got most of the heavy swirls out of the paint, and it helped shine it up.

I bought a Porter Cable 7424xp oribital polisher with a number of pads. For my attempt first I went very mild pad and polish. Pads used were a black (rated 1) and a green pad (rated 1.5), and the polish was a combo of these:

Meguiar's Step 1 Paint Cleaner (only used on heavy swirls and scratches), then Step 2 Polish on the rest, but I did not yet use the Step 3 Carnauba Wax.

The nice thing about what I did...is I did one panel/area at a time... took my time, and ensured that I did not overdo any portion.

The car looks a lot better...but far from detailed. I will do that after my trip this August....

Leather / Premium Package / DICE Silverline DUO / Stubby Antenna / Matte Black Grill
Ultimate Cup Holder x2 / Gaptech RCH+ / First Aid storagebox x2 / Acrylic Wind Deflector
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2011, 12:02 AM   #5
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incompatible View Post
Looks good. Although not all will agree, I think our cars look better debadged. Certainly easier to wash and wax.
I think it provides a cleaner look on darker colours, and in particular black paint.

Appreciate 0