BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-05-2011, 01:08 AM   #1
3erdrive
Rep
Drives: 2011 m3, 2014 m6, 2020 m8

Scheduling Fun. Need a little help.

Hey all, I have a small, tiny question of absolute importance. As many of you know the wait for our cars is... intense (E90!), enough so that I've checked the ship schedules to coordinate exactly when my car would arrive in SC and from there on to the dealership at Chicago. Now, I called today on the 1-800 number and my car is still waiting at the port of exit, making it most likely to go onto the next ship which'll arrive on... the 26th. Then according to the guide sticky it'll take around 7+ days to process at VPC and well, that's where I run into problems, how many days would it take to ship on the truck over to Chicago? I have a very specific timetable I need to keep and I'll need the car before the 8th, as in the 7th or earlier or else medium level inconveniences... inconvenience me.
TL;DR
The car will arrive at VPC on the 26th, take at least 7 days to clear, and then take X amount of time to ship and then time to prep at the dealer. Will I get the car before that time?

Also, I can't do PCD, I had wanted to but family comes first yadda yadda.
And this occured to me, could they have loaded the car already (the earlier ship to sail this month was just yesterday) and then be late on the hotline? Because all my issues would be solved if they shipped it earlier.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 08:18 AM   #2
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

Assuming this is not a Euro delivery car (they take longer to clear) and that there are no issues to be dealt with, 7 days at the VPC is on the long side. But you never know... For reference, I took delivery of my car 7 days after it arrived at the port of Brunswick GA. That included clearing the VPC and trucking to New Orleans.
Appreciate 0