BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

EXXEL Distributions

06-25-2011, 01:00 PM   #1
digi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 m3

Purple Power degreaser for wheels?

I just bought this at a local advance auto store to clean my wheels and it was the easiest wheel cleaning experience ever. I even bought a wheel brush expecting some mild agitation, but didn't even have to take the tag off and will be returning it later. I probably haven't cleaned my wheels for about 7-8 weeks, and my car is a dd that sees roughly 25-30 miles a day. All I did was apply PP degreaser to wheels abundantly, waited a minute and rinsed off with pressure washer. I was amazed at how effortlessly the grime came off. It really just disappeared instantly. 95% of dirt comes off, and the other 5% you have to wipe off because of the spaces behind the spokes where the pressure hose won't hit due to the angles.

I've tried p21 before and had to agitate for the second layer of grime to come loose. I can't believe it, all for just 3.49 at your local parts store. Anyone else have experience with this, and is it too harsh on wheel coating for long term use?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2011, 11:23 PM   #2
cghempel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

I have used that stuff before on some old cars of ours. It works great for wheels and things like that. Just don't use it on your interior...it can take the color right off your leather if you are not careful.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2011, 08:29 PM   #3
digi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 m3

Thanks, I will stay clear of any interior contact. I was even careful not to get it on the exterior paint.
Appreciate 0