ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-22-2011, 04:30 PM   #1
BlackMoupe
Mouper
United_States
Rep
Drives: _____

Another <3500 Mile Z4MC IB/Extended black

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...&&aff=national

Price is Fair for mileage IMO. Seats look worn surprisingly.

Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 04:43 PM   #2
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Price seems a little high to me, seats don't appear overly worn but given the price they are I suppose.

Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 05:17 PM   #3
crfine88
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86M

I think it's priced right, given the the low miles and ext leather
      06-22-2011, 05:25 PM   #4
claritycheck
Rolling Republic
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

So sexy.
      06-22-2011, 06:21 PM   #5
beta
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Price seems a little high to me.

I'm usually very weary of cars that have such low miles. Usually they haven't had all their low mileage services, and sometimes they were driven hard before breaking them in properly. I can't imagine owning a car like this for 3 years and not driving it hard for the first 1.5-2 of those years.

I don't see a 1200 mile service in the carfax, there is also no low-mileage oil service (should've happened in 2009). It has "Body electrical system checked
Washed/detailed" at 560, then a service at 3,237 "Oil and filter changed chassis lubricated, Brake fluid flushed/changed, Electrical system checked".

Sometimes services don't show up in carfax, but buyer beware.
      06-22-2011, 07:58 PM   #6
schwank
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 z4 m coupe

hey, thats my car with 40,000 less miles, and no nav.... maybe they'd like to trade
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2011, 02:20 AM   #7
Mtxzptlk
Driving Dog
Rep
Drives: 635/1815, X3M Comp

Somewhat fairly priced for a non-private party vehicle.

Seats are fine.

It would help if it is indeed a single owner.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2011, 12:44 AM   #8
iPhoneEngineer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe

I'd actually be interested in this car, but aside from the low-milage abuse ambiguity that's been mentioned, I'm suspicious of three things:

1) Why isn't the underside of the hood painted the same color as the body? It looks like a bad spray job just got to the edge of the hood! My silver grey coupe has a body-colored hood underside.
2) There appears to be an oddly-placed, oddly-shaped major scrape on the rear hatch on the opposite side from the M logo. It's present in two photos of the back and in the third photo that shows the hatch, they conveniently aimed the camera so it didn't include that area...
3) The one owner is listed as "Corporate". If your company car was a Z4 M Coupe, would you baby it in the break-in period? (OK, sure, many of us probably would out of sheer guilt--but not the average guy)
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2011, 01:18 AM   #9
z4mnyc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhoneEngineer View Post

1) Why isn't the underside of the hood painted the same color as the body? It looks like a bad spray job just got to the edge of the hood! My silver grey coupe has a body-colored hood underside.
That caught my eye as well. Also, what do you think about the paint color on the shock towers?

Btw the scratch on the trunk looks like residue from a badge that was stuck on at that spot.
| Z4MC | KW Clubsport | BBS-RGR 19 + Bridgestone RE11 | BBS-RGR 18 + Hoosier R6 | Sparco DTM RS | Vorshlag mounts | Braille battery | Euro Headers | Supersprint exhaust | Stoptech lines | Stongstrut | TCK camber arms | UUC SSK | APR GT-200 wing & splitter | ESS Tune | Speedware Motorsports custom roll cage | Schroth harness |
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2011, 07:33 AM   #10
r4gs
Viper Driver
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F-16

regarding the underhood paint color and shock towers etc, i can confirm tt my own interlagos m coupe is exactly the same, and no i have not had any paintwork done except a respray of my front bumper due to a clearcoat peeling issue. i'm not sure why this is only the case for interlagos (imola, alpine, black sapphire, all the silvers and greys are all completely painted).

i feel the price is a bit steep considering this is a corporate vehicle and not privately owned.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2011, 07:39 AM   #11
prodigal_m
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Estoril Blue/Black F31

Wow! You guys can tell an awful lot from the pictures. The underside of my hood looks exactly like the one pictured and I'm pretty sure thats a dealer sticker on the passenger side of the rear hatch. Honestly, it looks like a clean, low mileage M Coupe that's priced high...nothing more.

Oh, and there isn't any record (according to BMW) of the 1200 mile service (which would be my concern but probably not a deal breaker.)
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2011, 07:43 AM   #12
prodigal_m
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Estoril Blue/Black F31

Quote:
Originally Posted by r4gs View Post
regarding the underhood paint color and shock towers etc, i can confirm tt my own interlagos m coupe is exactly the same, and no i have not had any paintwork done except a respray of my front bumper due to a clearcoat peeling issue. i'm not sure why this is only the case for interlagos (imola, alpine, black sapphire, all the silvers and greys are all completely painted).

i feel the price is a bit steep considering this is a corporate vehicle and not privately owned.
The few Space Grays that I have seen have all had black undersides...also corporate means that it was either leased or originally registered in a company name.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2011, 03:58 PM   #13
03BeastCharmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '13 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by r4gs View Post

Ditto. I'm the original owner of my M Coupe, and my hood and shock towers look exactly the same. I have some poor quality pictures from the day I bought it back in '07 that show the same coloring.

If you go look at one, you will also see similar color in the hatch area that his hidden when the hatch is closed.

Current: '13 E92 M3 Euro Delivery
Gone: E86 M Coupe; E30 M3, E39 M5, E36 M3
Appreciate 0