BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

Mporium BMW

06-01-2011, 10:38 PM   #1
phichi1106
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW M3

bumper scuff

Long story short, I tapped someone's bumper today (about 2-3mph as I only let off my brake and tapped him). My front license plate holder has some white plastic on it (maybe it was painted) and it left some white marks on his bumper. I was wondering if there is anyway to get this out... (just some detailing spray and a rub? Or maybe a clay?) Also I told him to take it to the local detailing shop to get it fixed... how much should I be looking to pay?

Anything would be helpful... Thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 12:06 AM   #2
AutoCon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Toyota Tacoma X-Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by phichi1106 View Post
Long story short, I tapped someone's bumper today (about 2-3mph as I only let off my brake and tapped him). My front license plate holder has some white plastic on it (maybe it was painted) and it left some white marks on his bumper. I was wondering if there is anyway to get this out... (just some detailing spray and a rub? Or maybe a clay?) Also I told him to take it to the local detailing shop to get it fixed... how much should I be looking to pay?

Anything would be helpful... Thanks guys

Look to pay between $ 100.00-250.00 for this kind of repair....if done by a qualified correction detailer. It will entail removal of the transfer and some correction & polishing, of course it depends on just how much damage occured.

See you are in NJ, so you have Phil @ Detailers Domain(Site sponsor) or if he is booked Dave @ Street Dreams who is in Alpine close to Phil.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 02:20 AM   #3
MuttGrunt
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: beater;)

^Bob Willis is (as usual) spot on. Please do yourself a favor and follow that advice.

Your other option is to wash and then clay bar the affected area in hopes the transfer will come off. You could also look into polishing yourself, even by hand if it's not a large area. So this is potentially a DIY fix, but if you want perfect results you're best interest is in using guys like those at DetailersDomain or Street Dreams Detail.
G/L and let us know how it turns out!
Appreciate 0