ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > BMW Z4 Photos, Photoshops, Videos and other Media
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-25-2011, 03:04 PM   #1
robrwalker
M addicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 YMB F82, 2018 AW F86

Maggie's mods (so far...)

Had her about 90 days and thought I would share a few pics:

At birth - so cute

Next to her sister from another mother

First day at home

Stubbified her antenna - she asked me to.

Intravee 2 - for me

blacked out markers - she wanted to be a little more stealth

planned CDV delete, new tint, painted calipers, tekarbon angel eyes, and probably some strut braces, other than that, she perfect.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 03:15 PM   #2
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

are your wheels painted in the last pic, or are you really that mean to your car and treat it like garbage??
      05-25-2011, 03:22 PM   #3
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Looks good OP - losing the front plate would do wonders IMO, but no shame in stay legal too...

Brake dust = treating car like garbage?
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 03:25 PM   #4
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
If it looks like it hasn't been washed in 3 months, and probably caused permanent damage to the wheel finish, in my opinion- yes
      05-25-2011, 03:39 PM   #5
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Car is in a shadow, so the entire side of that car looks darker than the rest of the picture. Additionally, assuming the pads are stock, they are organic, and while they dust a lot, it's not corrosive like a semi-metallic pad.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 04:03 PM   #6
robrwalker
M addicted
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roffle Waffle View Post
are your wheels painted in the last pic, or are you really that mean to your car and treat it like garbage??
Geez - judgmental much?

No, that is brake dust and it probably looks darker than it is, but that is about 10 days of brake dust that I intentionally left on the wheels because I am considering painting them gunmetal and wanted to see what they look like darker.

Quote:
Looks good OP - losing the front plate would do wonders IMO, but no shame in stay legal too...

Yep - lost the front plate already kinda pissed it was on there to begin with, but black screws in the two holes hide the remnants nicely.

Quote:
Car is in a shadow, so the entire side of that car looks darker than the rest of the picture. Additionally, assuming the pads are stock, they are organic, and while they dust a lot, it's not corrosive like a semi-metallic pad.
BTM has it right - not only may it look darker, but last wash included the wheels which are pristine and clean, albeit a little bright, still trying to decide whether to paint or not.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 04:10 PM   #7
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep

eh, just a pet peeve of mine
      05-25-2011, 11:50 PM   #8
XMetal
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [10.00]
2018 Audi S3  [0.00]
2004 X5  [8.50]
Good to see another SC alum tooling around in a MC! Want to do (paint) my caliper as well The OEM brake pads dust so bad that it's not even funny. Mine are dusted only after a few days of driving.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 12:23 AM   #9
robrwalker
M addicted
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMetal View Post
Good to see another SC alum tooling around in a MC! Want to do (paint) my caliper as well The OEM brake pads dust so bad that it's not even funny. Mine are dusted only after a few days of driving.
Fight On! XMetal

Yeah - cant decide what color to do the calipers - probably red, or maybe a blue from the M logo colors.....no yellow and no black i dont think.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 02:14 AM   #10
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Sapphire Black Metallic? Looking good!

As for the wheels/brake dust...my wheels looked like that after about 2 days of driving with the stock pads. Yes, when I drive, I drive back roads and use the brakes bit. And the dust is super annoying. Which is why I changed to another pad variety since I have better things to do than clean stupid and annoying brake dust of the wheels every two days (like drive her)!

There are some pretty good ceramic pads that dust way less and which are nice for primarily street use. Some ideas over here (and elsewhere if you search, or if you give Zeckhausen a call). I'm running Stoptech Street Performance, and instead of two days it now takes a week to get my wheels to look that dusted. Ceramic? From the reports I hear dust becomes a bad memory more or less (well, maybe not that good, but way better than stock).
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 09:59 PM   #11
antennahead
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MR silver grey

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post

As for the wheels/brake dust...my wheels looked like that after about 2 days of driving with the stock pads. Yes, when I drive, I drive back roads and use the brakes bit. And the dust is super annoying. Which is why I changed to another pad variety since I have better things to do than clean stupid and annoying brake dust of the wheels every two days (like drive her)!

There are some pretty good ceramic pads that dust way less and which are nice for primarily street use. Some ideas over here (and elsewhere if you search, or if you give Zeckhausen a call). I'm running Stoptech Street Performance, and instead of two days it now takes a week to get my wheels to look that dusted. Ceramic? From the reports I hear dust becomes a bad memory more or less (well, maybe not that good, but way better than stock).
I've been happy with the Akebono ceramics (DD). I've been lucky and the car has seen no rain in about 2 weeks, so no wash other than a quick detailer. I noticed today that my wheels have almost no dust............... major improvement over being filthy in only 2 days with the OEMs.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 10:10 PM   #12
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by antennahead View Post
I've been happy with the Akebono ceramics (DD). I've been lucky and the car has seen no rain in about 2 weeks, so no wash other than a quick detailer. I noticed today that my wheels have almost no dust............... major improvement over being filthy in only 2 days with the OEMs.
That's what we're going to after we burn through our current "aggressive street/light to moderate track" pads. Think we'll move to a more track oriented pad for track days and ceramic for the street. I'm really getting done with dust, even though the 'Techs are much less dusty than stock, they still more than I'd like. Thanks for the recommendation.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 05:29 PM   #13
robrwalker
M addicted
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post

Good tip - thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 03:51 AM   #14
esqu1re
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

Car looks good, but since you bought used, shouldn't the first caption be "adopted" instead of "birth?"

///M Coupe: RPI Scoop, OE Strut, CDV, Volk RE30, SS Brake Lines, Stromung Exhaust
Appreciate 0