BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

European Auto Source (EAS)

05-24-2011, 12:18 AM   #1
DetailAddict
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328i

Detail Addict - BMW M3 (Gold Package)

This is actually our Gold Package... Unfortunately the before photos didn't come out very good and mostly blurry... But we did manage to get some sun pics.

Wash
- Camspray Foam Gun
- Detail Addict Water Softening System
- Detail Addict Car Soap
- Detail Addict Grit Guard
- Detail Addict Wash Mitt
- Detail Addict Waffle Weave Drying MF
- Detail Addict Engine+Wheel Cleaner
- ACE TurboStick

Clay/Polish/Wax
- Porter Cable 7424XP
- Detail Addict Backing Plate
- Detail Addict LC Hydro Pad Set
- Detail Addict Medium Grade Clay Bar
- Detail Addict Detail Spray (lube)
- Menzerna Power Gloss
- Menzerna Super Intensive Polish
- Menzerna Super Finish
- Detail Addict Liquid Wax
- Detail Addict Carnauba Wax

Miscellaneous
- Detail Addict Glass Cleaner
- Detail Addict Glass Towel
- Detail Addict Rub&Shine
- Detail Addict Dressing Sponge

Pretty standard with our Engine+Wheel Cleaner and ACE TurboStick

Rinse down the car with pressure washer

FOMAY!

Clay wasn't too bad

Before: The swirl was a lot worse in person... Just didn't get a lot of good pictures, unfortunately...

Dressed with our Rub & Shine

Here are the sun pics. We don't hide, so you can see what the package can do for you. It's not a FULL correction, so if you look closely, you can still see some RDS. Keep in mind full correction does come with a much higher price tag.

Last edited by DetailAddict; 05-24-2011 at 01:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 12:38 AM   #2
SECRET M
Engineer
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailAddict View Post
Keep in mind full correction does come with a much higher price tag.
imho, that's a bit of a cop out.

i did detailing for 4 years while in college and never sent anyone home with a car in that condition. for all the time you spent taking pictures, you could have been using all those fancy tools and chemicals that people overload on these days to get those exhaust tips clean at the very least.. maybe that wasn't part of the gold package? jk

nevertheless, it's one thing to claim that you don't 'hide' defects, but it's another to leave a car unfinished. that car looks unfinished.
      05-24-2011, 12:57 AM   #3
DetailAddict
Captain
United_States
Rep

well, I won't argue with you that there is room for improvement. but if the customer wants to keep it within budget, we have to respect that. at the end of the day, we are also in business, unfortunately. did you mix up thinking the 'before' pics are the 'finished' pics? the only finished pics are the pics under the sun...

as for the exhaust tips, not sure what you mean... maybe it's the lighting on the Akrapovic, or you are thinking of a different tip??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECRET M View Post
imho, that's a bit of a cop out.

i did detailing for 4 years while in college and never sent anyone home with a car in that condition. for all the time you spent taking pictures, you could have been using all those fancy tools and chemicals that people overload on these days to get those exhaust tips clean at the very least.. maybe that wasn't part of the gold package? jk

nevertheless, it's one thing to claim that you don't 'hide' defects, but it's another to leave a car unfinished. that car looks unfinished.

Last edited by DetailAddict; 05-24-2011 at 02:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 07:46 AM   #4
AutoCon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Toyota Tacoma X-Runner

I have done a M3 for Alek, and the tips for that exhaust are a matte finish much like the tips on a Ferrari F-430.

Looking at the pics I do not see a "Plethora" of dirt left behind...... the only thing I do not see is Leo in any pics..........ever, get in the action pics Leo with "The quickness".

Car looks nice guys.

In the last pic I see two "SPECKS" of dirt on the inside barrels of the exhaust, if someone limits what can be done by price point than what can you do?, the paint looks tight and I am sure this customer is happy.

Last edited by AutoCon; 05-24-2011 at 07:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 07:50 AM   #5
koxal
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 LBB F85 X5M

Garage List
2015 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
to me it looks good..
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 08:49 AM   #6
elm3
///M Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 M3 IB/'17 f85 X5M LBB

Garage List
2017 BMW / X5M  [9.00]
2009 E92 M3  [10.00]
2004 Yamaha R1  [10.00]
It looks really good, good job on the car. I need something done on my car. I have some swirls on the paint.
'09 E92 ///M3 Interlagos Blue,6MT,Silver Novillo Leather,CF Trim,Premium Package,Technology Package,Cold Weather Package,Premium Sound,19"Wheels,Moonroof-Toy/'17 X5M, Long Beach Blue, Executive Package,Technology Package, Lighting Package, Driver Assist, Full Mughello Red Interior, 21" wheels-Toy/'14 535i with M Sport and 19" wheels-Daily
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 11:26 AM   #7
DetailAddict
Captain
United_States
Rep

thanks Bob. yeah, i really should get some pics of me in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
I have done a M3 for Alek, and the tips for that exhaust are a matte finish much like the tips on a Ferrari F-430.

Looking at the pics I do not see a "Plethora" of dirt left behind...... the only thing I do not see is Leo in any pics..........ever, get in the action pics Leo with "The quickness".

Car looks nice guys.

In the last pic I see two "SPECKS" of dirt on the inside barrels of the exhaust, if someone limits what can be done by price point than what can you do?, the paint looks tight and I am sure this customer is happy.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 11:28 AM   #8
DetailAddict
Captain
United_States
Rep

thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by koxal View Post
to me it looks good..
looking to have it done or get the products and do it yourself? we do sell the products we use for services. Just click on the links on top of the first post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elm3 View Post
It looks really good, good job on the car. I need something done on my car. I have some swirls on the paint.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 01:22 AM   #9
SECRET M
Engineer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailAddict View Post
well, I won't argue with you that there is room for improvement. but if the customer wants to keep it within budget, we have to respect that. at the end of the day, we are also in business, unfortunately. did you mix up thinking the 'before' pics are the 'finished' pics? the only finished pics are the pics under the sun...

as for the exhaust tips, not sure what you mean... maybe it's the lighting on the Akrapovic, or you are thinking of a different tip??
guess it's a difference in philosophy regarding the swirls. if someone has a tight budget, i'm not against showing them the true state of the paint (with swirls and damage), but in light of the fact that they cannot afford a lengthy day of paint correction, it wouldn't hurt to put on a nice glaze to cover up those defects. sucks to get your car after spending any amount $$ to find swirls and defects still on the car.

as for the exhaust tips, take a close look. there are black specs that weren't cleaned. for a 'detail' that's something you just can't miss. and yes, i'm familiar with akrapovic exhausts as i own one.

regardless, seems like the folks on this thread would be happy with your work, which is great. i don't think it would fly on a black car though.
      05-25-2011, 01:55 AM   #10
mexicanmike
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E93 Jerez Black

I am going to be honest, higher resolution pics are in order. It is tough to see anything on white in low res pics.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 05:21 AM   #11
AutoCon
Private First Class
Rep

Not sure I can add much more as respect to this..........you do not get steak with all the trimmings when you pay for "In n out burger" price point.

A full correction is just that, "A full correction" which will encompass all that comes with this level of work. This will mean all the defects are abraded away, trim cleaned and restored, wheels and wheel wells cleaned and dressed, interior completed to a high level and of course exhaust tips cleaned.

In addition the engine compartment will need whatever is required, and to do all this takes time.......time= money and if someone is not willing or able to pay what it takes to do the job right as opposed to "Rightnow" then it will not and should not be done.

A complete correction depending on the size and condition of the vehicle can run anywhere between 15 to 60 hours or more and if this level of work is not being paid for the business performing the work will be "Out of business" as opposed to "Out for business" 4 years of "Detailing" while in college will not get it done, and if calling out a sponsor for shortcomings on a mid-level package detail is "Good for the goose" let's see the "Gander" part and let me critque one of YOUR write ups.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 09:20 AM   #12
DetailAddict
Captain
United_States
Rep

yep, it's definitely hard to see in white. and if I really want to hide something about it, I don't think i would point something out that is hard to see in the pictures. I don't think i ever claimed this car was fully corrected anywhere in my thread.

i guess you just can't win either way. my intent was to be true to what we do on a daily basis. we don't do full paint correction everyday and get mostly normal daily folks in and out of the shop. i don't try to filter all the pictures and find the perfect angles to make sure all pictures come out perfect looking. maybe it would have been better that i did in this case.

our lower packages are Silver and Bronze and they don't give the level of correction this one does. We don't really post Bronze package write-ups unless for some reason it turns out really good, but there just isn't much to talk about. But we do post more on our Silver and Gold so folks can see, while not perfect, what they can expect out of these packages.

also keep in mind that we sell products as well. I think it's bad business practice posting pictures and telling folks how perfect looking the car came out with what we used. Then after they purchased according to that list (many have), working on it for days, and doesn't come out the way we have it in the pictures and write-ups.

Leo

Last edited by DetailAddict; 05-25-2011 at 10:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 10:30 AM   #13
SECRET M
Engineer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
Not sure I can add much more as respect to this..........you do not get steak with all the trimmings when you pay for "In n out burger" price point.

A full correction is just that, "A full correction" which will encompass all that comes with this level of work. This will mean all the defects are abraded away, trim cleaned and restored, wheels and wheel wells cleaned and dressed, interior completed to a high level and of course exhaust tips cleaned.

In addition the engine compartment will need whatever is required, and to do all this takes time.......time= money and if someone is not willing or able to pay what it takes to do the job right as opposed to "Rightnow" then it will not and should not be done.

A complete correction depending on the size and condition of the vehicle can run anywhere between 15 to 60 hours or more and if this level of work is not being paid for the business performing the work will be "Out of business" as opposed to "Out for business" 4 years of "Detailing" while in college will not get it done, and if calling out a sponsor for shortcomings on a mid-level package detail is "Good for the goose" let's see the "Gander" part and let me critque one of YOUR write ups.
maybe you should re-read my post. thanks.
      05-25-2011, 11:00 AM   #14
AutoCon
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECRET M View Post
maybe you should re-read my post. thanks.

Why?, you called Leo out.........now it is my turn to do that to you. Two specks of dirt on a exhaust does not mean he used "Filling and or hiding products". You said it .....now own it.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 11:05 AM   #15
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Looks good. Comments about it not being complete are ridiculous - there are different packages and price points for a reason.

Quick question - what did you use on the tips? I'm on a constant journey to find the easiest way to clean them - they are a pain in the ass.
Appreciate 0