BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

04-16-2011, 12:48 PM   #1
jnolla
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Recommended list of detailers

It would be great if there would be a sticky thread of detailers per state/city that all users could refer to.

This of course would require that only actual users make recommendations based on their own experiences.

I'm in the Chicago/Milwaukee area, and my new M3 arrives on port April 20th. I have instructed the dealer not to "prepare the car" since I've seen some of their handwork on the Showroom.

Any recommendations for my area?
Thx
      04-16-2011, 02:17 PM   #2
MuttGrunt
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: beater;)

Ivan from Lustr Detailing. Good guy and does some high quality work.

The idea of a "data base" of detailers is a good one... but there are a lot of problems. Price for example. Some guys will think the guy that did the $200 wash and wax was a quality job that was worth the money, others will know or think different. There's no set standard, so it is hard to have a list of guys. All you can really go off of is recommendations from people who are knowledgeable about high end / high quality work.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 05:44 PM   #3
jnolla
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuttGrunt View Post
Ivan from Lustr Detailing. Good guy and does some high quality work.

The idea of a "data base" of detailers is a good one... but there are a lot of problems. Price for example. Some guys will think the guy that did the $200 wash and wax was a quality job that was worth the money, others will know or think different. There's no set standard, so it is hard to have a list of guys. All you can really go off of is recommendations from people who are knowledgeable about high end / high quality work.
Thank you for the information on the local detailer.

As for the list of recommended detailers, I agree that information provided by other users are a matter of perception and personel opinion; nonetheless a place to share those thoughts, would help others on their search.

IMO that's what forums where created for, to share.

Best Regards!