BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

EXXEL Distributions

03-20-2011, 01:39 PM   #1
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M5 comp/Range/i3S

Interior protection

hey detail pros...

I usually clean my interior every week, however i want to step it up regarding protection. What would be the best items to buy to protect the leather, the seals, the dash, etc. I want the interior to look as new as possible.

I use bmw leather cleaner/conditioner right now and its seem pretty good.

Any suggestions? If so, where can I order from?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 01:48 AM   #2
dirtyfreebooter
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Vespa

I started with bmw's leather kit. I think it's fine and liked it.

Recently I gave Zaino a try. The Z-9 cleaner and Z-10 conditioner. I cannot say which is actually better for the leather, only had the car for two months and its my first car with leather, but Zaino took a grease stain off left by my stealership when I had my 1200 mile service... and I like the smell. I personally think it's super close to the original new leather smell and is subtle and not over powering.

I use a leather brush with the Z-9 and wipe it off with a microfiber towel. Then I apply the Z-10 with a MF applicator pad. Z-10 says no buffing required but I usually buff it out after letting it dry for about 20 minutes in case I applied heavy by accident in a spot or two.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 11:05 AM   #3
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 325i

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
There's a lot of leather conditions/cleaners out there including a few to choose from from the vendors here. You just need to try them out to see which one works best for you. Just make sure you test out the cleaner on a small section first to make sure it's wont strip the dye. Fyi we carry small 2oz bottles of both the cleaner and conditioner of our own product in case you are interested. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 11:35 AM   #4
MuttGrunt
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: beater;)

^ What he said. Detailaddict.com has a lot of nice goodies and they specialize in working for the DIYer so they court your needs very nicely.

There are lots of great product that will no doubt work well, it's all in using them the right way and finding something you like.
Appreciate 0