ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-08-2010, 12:54 PM   #1
Kimolaoha
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 3.0si

Z4 - Hardtop Prep for Model Year 2008

Hey guys -

Having searched pretty extensively through the threads, I see that installing the Left and Right Hardtop Prep Kits (lockdown receivers) is a reasonably straightforward DIY job that entails removing the "dummy" receivers, locating the pre-wired harnesses by removing the subwoofer covers, etc., and then installing the new receivers and connecting the harnesses.

HOWEVER, it is not clear to me whether this procedure -- which clearly works for most 2003-2005 examples -- will also apply for 2006-2008 model years. I have seen posts that seem to indicate that the Prep Kit installation is considerably more involved for the 2006-2008 "facelift" cars, but I have seen other posts that seem to indicate that the procedure is the same simple exercise regardless of model year.

Can someone who actually knows -- or even better, someone who has actually done the installation -- definitively tell me, IS THE HARDTOP PREP INSTALLATION THE SAME FOR THE LATER (2006-2008) CARS AS IT IS FOR THE EARLIER CARS?

Thanks very much
Mike
Appreciate 0