BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-07-2010, 07:10 PM   #1
2010AW135i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW 135i

So I called the dealership to ask about the TSB for the taillights....suspended?

they told me that the TSB has been suspended till further notice and they were no longer replacing taillights?

anyone else can confirm this?

I'm taking the car in this coming friday so i'd like to be armed with knowledge when i do go in.

I was under the impression that the lights were backordered, but i thought if the lights were working they would replace the seals to prevent them from going out.
      11-07-2010, 07:43 PM   #2
ulrichd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i M-Sport

The is a lot of confusing info on this. My passenger side light has been out for 2 weeks. I can't get a state inspection because of this and now have an expired inspection sticker. My dealer has no ETA for the light replacements. Grrrr...
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2010, 07:46 PM   #3
ulrichd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i M-Sport

Check this thread as well.
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=445361
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 12:30 PM   #4
AW128i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 N51

I picked up my 1 last week and the day I brought it home the driver's side tail light went out. Took the car to the dealer last Friday and was fed the same BS about the parts being backordered, etc. The dealer says they replaced a bulb in the light and it was working when I picked it up that afternoon, but by that evening, it was out again. Ordinarily, I would be patient with something like this, but I bought the car out of state and I have a very limited amount of time to get the car inspected in my home state and it will obviously fail inspection with one of the tail lights not working.

I just called BMW customer care (or whatever it's called) and though the girl I spoke with was courteous and friendly, she told me repeatedly that they can't force the manufacturer to make the parts any faster and/or force the dealer to do anything about it. The latter point being prompted by me saying that the dealer should take a working tail light off an unsold vehicle and put it on my car and wait for parts to arrive for the unsold vehicle. Doesn't seem unreasonable to me considering they already sold the one that I'm driving!

Quite honestly, this has me really rethinking my purchase, not that I expected an ownership experience resembling soft clouds, rainbows, and teddy bears. It is a German car, after all. But still, this is absurd! Perhaps we should contact Nightline about this issue Just imagine a 135i without a functioning tail light(s) and a failing HPFP...
Appreciate 0