XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

10-15-2010, 11:22 PM   #1
praja6
Registered
Rep
Drives: ss

Help on purchasing 2003 BMW X5

Hi GUys,

I am in Australia, i am new to this forum. I am in the market here to purchase BMW X5 second hand one.. I need you guys expertise advice on purchasing second hand X5, risks, things to consider, ongoing cost etc etc.

I look at an X5 couple of days ago here, its 2003 X5 E53 series with V8 4.4 ltr engine. It has clocked up already 150,000km. the owner selling is the 2nd owner, kept for 2yrs and now wanted to get rid of it..

outside looks fantastic for the 7yrs age.. When i start, i heard a kerkkkkk noise, the guy said that starter motor noise is there for 2yrs and he doesnt bother to fix it... Other ting is the instruments light are very dull, the sat nav screen has few spots, seems the screen going to die.. When i did test drive it drive ok for the 10mins test drive..

Now i need advice on what are the repair cost, issues may happen when i purchase this 7yrs old X5....

thanks
Appreciate 0