XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

09-27-2010, 12:03 AM   #1
Cornhusker
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

For those who ordered through Euro cars/ David

Did you get charged a bunch of maco and training fees on your x5's? Just curious, I was charged around 500 I believe. I don't know what maco is and I don't know what training fees would be for. I figured the latter was something to do with a performance delievery... but I'm just having it shipped to me. I don't have time to go to SC.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2010, 09:03 PM   #2
BrunoT
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F-150

We were quoted that as well, about $450 if I remember, and yes, I believe it is legitimate. At just $100 over that "invoice" number I have no problem with that.

Unfortunately he hasn't replied to a couple of emails since we responded to the quote and put in our financing info. (perfect credit). Anyone know if he's out of touch for some reason?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2010, 09:17 PM   #3
scollins
Bootleggin' 'n Gunrunnin'
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i

I see those two line items listed on the "invoice" copy that I got from the dealer. The other items all matched up exactly to Edmunds "invoice" price amount. So I think they are legitimate items that the dealer pays and is factored into the "invoice" cost.
2013 Ducati Multistrada Touring S, Red
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2010, 12:32 AM   #4
Cornhusker
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

ya.....he will get back to you... he seems pretty busy.... When I filled out the credit app he took a bit to get back to me. I got my production number september 1st and when I track it, it stills says is on order, not in production yet. I guess it's not reliable from what I've heard though.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2010, 07:59 AM   #5
BrunoT
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornhusker View Post
ya.....he will get back to you... he seems pretty busy.... When I filled out the credit app he took a bit to get back to me. I got my production number september 1st and when I track it, it stills says is on order, not in production yet. I guess it's not reliable from what I've heard though.
We decided to go with someone not so harried. His busy schedule meant we were ready 10 days before months' end but he wasn't. That mean we lost $1,000 on the eco credit when the month rolled over. Sorry, not acceptable. This is not buying an $18,000 economy car, they need to staff up if they want to do high volume sales. I think I'd rather deal locally and pay $500 more. Not that they've been exactly focused either!

BMW must not pay big commissions, especially on these low margin deals. One sales person here claimed they only make $250/sale, though as always I am dubious of such claims. But they don't seem really motivated to focus and get it done. Pretty sad when all you are is an order taker and you can't get that right!
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2010, 08:56 AM   #6
1buck
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 35d

No worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucec32 View Post
We decided to go with someone not so harried. His busy schedule meant we were ready 10 days before months' end but he wasn't. That mean we lost $1,000 on the eco credit when the month rolled over. Sorry, not acceptable. This is not buying an $18,000 economy car, they need to staff up if they want to do high volume sales. I think I'd rather deal locally and pay $500 more. Not that they've been exactly focused either!

BMW must not pay big commissions, especially on these low margin deals. One sales person here claimed they only make $250/sale, though as always I am dubious of such claims. But they don't seem really motivated to focus and get it done. Pretty sad when all you are is an order taker and you can't get that right!
The Eco Credit was $4,500 not $1,000. You might be confused with the Ultimate Drive credit of $1,000- (if you were qualified by attending the event and had the coupon in hand)

I ordered my vehicle from David in August and haven't had any problems with communication. I have had professional service- and prompt replies to my phone messages and emails through the entire process. No complaints here.

And obviously they aren't making any money on the front end of the sale, you are purchasing the vehicle at invoice price. So one might anticipate a slightly different level of service compared to sitting in a dealership across the table from a sales tool.

About MACO and Training fees- These were explained to me clearly before I gave a deposit. 1. Training service fee and 2. regional advertising fees that BMWNA charges every dealer- the amount varies slightly from market to market- but it is part of the invoice to the dealer- and those costs get passed on to everyone. EuroCars( NWBMW) is charged $250 for MACO and $200 for training= $450.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2010, 09:20 AM   #7
aeggroup
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 MB E350, 2011 GL350

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1buck View Post
The Eco Credit was $4,500 not $1,000. You might be confused with the Ultimate Drive credit of $1,000- (if you were qualified by attending the event and had the coupon in hand)

He's not confused. ECO credit was $4500 in September, but it's $3500 from October 1.
      10-28-2010, 10:57 AM   #8
jimny
Rep
Drives: X5

There is the other board sponsor Steven Thomas BMW that also seems to be doing close to invoice deals. Did you try them? They seem extremely professional and responsive from this thread

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...346708&page=32
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 09:29 AM   #9
DEL451
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX

MACO and training fees are legitimate

Yes MACO fees and training fees are legitimate. I had same question couple years back - google MACO for further confirmation.

The real charge is the $100 processing fee. Separate line item on the invoice. For me, fair trade off given money and more importantly personal time saved. I just don't have the time to dinker around with dealers. Work is bad enough in taking up my day.

Picking up 3rd car from David tomorrow and again David is personally picking me up at BWI in the morning. It's been real easy and kick myself in the pants for not using David earlier for my BMWs. A family member that I recommended David to was real skeptical at first and not too pleased with the lag time David had in first getting back. But since then, he's been quite happy with doing things via email and money, time saved. We both talked about just how much wasted time we've spent before with dealers, especially the waiting and salesperson not knowing the details.

I feel for the poster in losing $1000 from the previous $4500 ECO credit. It was a big factor in my decision to go with the x35d and I wouldn't have pulled the trigger without it and the Federal tax credit. Subsidized purchase price and better gas mileage? Didn't take me too long to make my decision vs 35i. I can only imagine the # of folks pinging David and him having to wade through callers / emailers.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2010, 02:54 PM   #10
JB991
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 15 Tacoma, 15 Accord, 16 GT3

Can someone give me the info to reach this David guy please? Does anyone know if he deals with other manufacturers from overseas?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2010, 12:13 PM   #11
DEL451
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX

David @ Eurocars contact info

http://www.eurocarsonline.com/www.eu...s_is_Here.html
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2010, 09:46 PM   #12
BrunoT
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I hope I didn't come off too harsh. He was straightforward with his info and better than most, but was in europe at the time and it was disappointing to lose $1,000 because of it. I agree it must be hard for them to wade through the requests and handle them, especially if they are working on small margins and not making a lot per unit for the salesman.
Appreciate 0