XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

08-28-2010, 04:07 PM   #1
foxx
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 X5 4.8 -'01 330i - '86 911

Dinan products won't void warranty

I live in NYC, but I bought my xDrive in Boston. My dealer in Boston tells me they're about to get Dinan back as a certified mods provider (again) after years.
Beside having my reg warranty, I also purchased an extended warranty, which means I'm pretty much stuck with a stock car unless I'm willing to give up on my warranty, obviously beside the esthetic changes.
I have all possible pkgs, Sport, Winter, Premium, etc, so I'm not unhappy, but I always put the extra mods on my cars, as most of us here.
I guess I will wait for the Dinan Stage 1. 2 and 3, still not sure about lowering the car, although I know Dinan won't provide that anyway. I do want my exhaust sys replaced asap though, but I really don't anything about Dinan's exhaust, are they any good? anybody here has one? What else will Dinan offer for our E70s?
Has anybody else around the country heard about Dinan becoming a certified vendor for BMW?
Thanks all!

Last edited by foxx; 08-29-2010 at 11:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2010, 09:00 PM   #2
roadkillrob
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i,22 X3M, 2012 C63 Black

I haven't heard of them being a certified vendor or anything like that, they used to be pretty tight with dealers, then a lot of dealers dropped them (maybe pressure from BMW or something). They have always had some type of relationship as they report your VIN to BMW if your car is flashed which sort of brands your car for life, good or bad.

Just be careful about the warranty, it isn't that BMW won't void your warranty with a Dinan part installed, they still technically will void your warranty for a Dinan aftermarket part as much as any other part, the only difference is that if the Dinan part caused something to fail, then Dinan would provide their warranty in place of BMW to cover you. The issues in the past have been that BMW says it is Dinan's fault and Dinan says it is BMW's fault and you are stuck in the middle.

Just be careful and don't think that just because you put a Dinan part on that when you go into the dealer for a warranty claim that it will be as simple as if you had a stock car, but certainly it is more piece of mind than no warranty at all from anyone BMW or other.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2010, 03:11 PM   #3
MotrsportM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E30/E36/E46/E92 M3

NOONE IS A CERTIFIED VENDOR FOR BMW!

Roadkillrob says it like it is!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2010, 04:04 PM   #4
Cornhusker
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

your 4.8 will gain very little power by adding dinan mods... unless you supercharge it. Or get a cam... lol
Appreciate 0