BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

08-12-2009, 08:41 AM   #1
darkseid2k
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: '10 E71, '11 E92

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [0.00]
Tire Recommendations

I'm looking for a recommended full set of tires for a 360 Forged aftermarket setup. The main goal is to prevent rubbing on my car. The setup that I have is as follows (not sure of the offsets as it's not listed). It's the 'aggressive' setup from 360, which I believe is their not so extreme offering:

19 x 9.5
19 x 11

I'm also lowered on Eibach springs. Any setups aside from the Nitto Invo would be ideal. Conservatively, I'm looking at 255/35/19 upfront and 285/30/19 in the rears.. just looking for a brand to go with that has a sidewall that won't rub.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2009, 09:25 AM   #2
Lemans_Blue_M
Automotive Industry Insider
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lemans Blue M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkseid2k View Post
I'm looking for a recommended full set of tires for a 360 Forged aftermarket setup. The main goal is to prevent rubbing on my car. The setup that I have is as follows (not sure of the offsets as it's not listed). It's the 'aggressive' setup from 360, which I believe is their not so extreme offering:

19 x 9.5
19 x 11

I'm also lowered on Eibach springs. Any setups aside from the Nitto Invo would be ideal. Conservatively, I'm looking at 255/35/19 upfront and 285/30/19 in the rears.. just looking for a brand to go with that has a sidewall that won't rub.

Thanks
Good luck. 'Aggressive' means different things to different people. It's really tough to know where that line is under these circumstnaces. Any tire recommendation given will be based on pure speculation.

Finding the perfect tire sizing for the wheels you have now (without rubbing) will be difficult, since the morons that run 360 forged think they have some super secret formula to derive the offset value of their wheels. (they won't tell you what it is)

HRE did this years ago, and I'm glad they stopped this ridiculous corporate policy.

So,

Your best source for tire fitment is going to be 360 Forged (directly), since they won't release the offset values that you need to make an informed decision about tire sizes. The problem with this, is 360 forged wheels is a custom wheel manufacturer. (you have to take their word for it) So you are at the mercy of the manufacturer. (not a good place to be)

I always like to know what the hell I'm buying, so I'll never understand why guys will buy a wheel product from a company that actively hides crucial information like offsets.

I always insist on this info upfront, because I understand how important it will be to me later on. If I modify my suspension or change tire sizes, the offset values will make it much easier for me to make smart decisions. (instead of a costly mistake that will bring unintended consequences like rubbing)

Buying a product like wheels without this info is a pain in the butt...

Contact 360 forged, and cross your fingers that the person answering your e-mail or phone call knows what they are doing.