BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

05-16-2009, 04:49 PM   #1
M3_LIN
LM-R Whore.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 White M3 Sedan

Navigation Glitch

Hey guys,

I have a 2009 I drive system on my E90M. This glitch has happened twice at night time for me.

I first set the destination as my home address. I have my split screen setup so that the left side of the screen is the map and the right of the screen has the turn by turn directions. The map then turns to be off centered to the screen to the left. When i turn off the split screen, I see that the map is centered to the WHOLE screen and not just to the LEFT of the screen. Then when i reestablish split screen to have my turn by turn directions, the map screen to the left of the screen goes back to normal, where the center of the map is to the center of the Left of the screen.

has anyone experienced this glitch?

Ed Lin

09AWE90M: Light headlight tint, Full front end clear bra wrap(Harris@InstyleGraphics), Ceramic tint(40%), Piaa GTX H3 bulb, HID 8k AE, 6k Low, INT Luxer1 lights, RD springs, LMR 20X9 +8, 20X10 +18 (Dave @ Status), Vertice CF hood Ducts(Dat @ VertexUSA), Tecnocraft FULL Envy Intake system+plenum(KEVLAR)+cabin filter covers, Meister GTC exhaust, Arkym F LIP.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2009, 05:39 PM   #2
Cloud
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW 2009 E92 6MT

that sounds familiar, there were a couple of times i was thinking "Those programmers aren't really that bright not making the point of reference in the middle of the screen". I always had the directions split screen on so, probably we have the same issue.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2009, 02:58 PM   #3
h1d
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 - BSM

i have had it happen to me too... just hold down the power/ radio volume knob for 25seconds and the system will reboot...
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2009, 09:44 PM   #4
KevinO
Warrior-Poet
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_LIN View Post
Hey guys,

I have a 2009 I drive system on my E90M. This glitch has happened twice at night time for me.

I first set the destination as my home address. I have my split screen setup so that the left side of the screen is the map and the right of the screen has the turn by turn directions. The map then turns to be off centered to the screen to the left. When i turn off the split screen, I see that the map is centered to the WHOLE screen and not just to the LEFT of the screen. Then when i reestablish split screen to have my turn by turn directions, the map screen to the left of the screen goes back to normal, where the center of the map is to the center of the Left of the screen.

has anyone experienced this glitch?

Ed Lin
Yup, I've seen it. Toggling full/split screen fixes it. I also did the nav software update last week and haven't seen it since (of course, it only used to happen about once a month).
Appreciate 0