BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

European Auto Source (EAS)

04-19-2009, 02:24 PM   #1
trionalaw
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 sedan

univeral remote is dead

The first time I tried to program the univeral remote I at least got the light to blink when I pressed buttons 1 and 3 to clear it. When I placed the remote close to the button and pressed the remote itself and the universal button I got activity with LED. But of course it didn't work.

Had garage doors checked and told since alternating code to just press the button on the garage motor itself and then within 30 seconds press 3 times the button I wanted to program. No enchilada on that one.

Decided to try over. Inserted the "key" and made sure the odometer would show up to make sure I had it on correctly. But try as I might, I get nothing when I try to clear the settings. Tried the remote itself with the universal button and nothing.

Read the thread on forum but it of course requires the damn LED indicate something is happening. I have moved the remote from against the rear view mirror to 12" until my arm is numb.

Called Homelink which of course requires that you can clear it. Its website won't pop up for me.

Any ideas before I go to the dealership?? Remote setup on my 08 Corvette C6 worked like a charm.

Unbelievable frustration.

Thanks,

Jim
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2009, 01:35 AM   #2
schadenfreude
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M-DCT M3

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [0.00]
Try it with the engine running. Here's what I did:

Start from the beginning with the 1+3 clear technique.

Perform the button #1 + remote basic program.

Press the learn button on the opener head unit until it signals ready, then press (and hold briefly) your homelink button 3 times. The door should open or close while you're pressing it, and will work with your engine running or electronics on from then out.

I was about to give up but it worked once I figured out that the homelink button requires a SLOW press to function.
      05-03-2009, 01:55 PM   #3
trionalaw
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 sedan

Thanks. Will try it when I get home and let you know. I had the 1200 mile service done yesterday and they said it was working.

Much appreciated.

Jim
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2009, 05:59 AM   #4
Georgeair
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 Melbourne E92 M3

Or with the ignition on, but car not running (two pushes of the Start button).
Appreciate 0