BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

03-27-2009, 08:53 AM   #1
tjf
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

09 E93 iDrive questions

Hi guys,

finally pulled the trigger last week on my 09 E93 (jet black/black novillo), fully loaded with DCT, etc.
I really love the car, it's so much fun to drive and I'm trying to put as many miles as time permits right now to get past break-in.

Anyways, I have a few questions on iDrive that I couldn't find answered in the manual, hope you can help me out here:

1) When I start the car after having it shut off for a couple hours, I always get this warning on iDrive that I need to accept, where can I shut that off?

2) When I plug in my iPhone and play music, shut off the car and start it again later, the volume level is remembered and works as expected. However, when I use Sirius radio, the volume level goes back to default when starting the car. How can I make it remember the satellite radio volume level?

3) How can I copy music from my iPhone to the iDrive HDD?

4) Is there a way to set it to automatically decrease media volume when the Nav is saying something?

Thanks!

tjf
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2009, 09:08 AM   #2
bogdan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjf View Post
Hi guys,

finally pulled the trigger last week on my 09 E93 (jet black/black novillo), fully loaded with DCT, etc.
I really love the car, it's so much fun to drive and I'm trying to put as many miles as time permits right now to get past break-in.

Anyways, I have a few questions on iDrive that I couldn't find answered in the manual, hope you can help me out here:

1) When I start the car after having it shut off for a couple hours, I always get this warning on iDrive that I need to accept, where can I shut that off?

2) When I plug in my iPhone and play music, shut off the car and start it again later, the volume level is remembered and works as expected. However, when I use Sirius radio, the volume level goes back to default when starting the car. How can I make it remember the satellite radio volume level?

3) How can I copy music from my iPhone to the iDrive HDD?

4) Is there a way to set it to automatically decrease media volume when the Nav is saying something?

Thanks!

tjf
I'll take a stab at this....

1) I don't think you can disable the warning.

2) don't know

3) don't know

4) not sure, but you can increase the nav volume using the volume button when it's speaking.

ok... sorry... maybe I wasn't that much help.
My dog swallowed my FOB. Luckily it was Comfort Access so I could still drive the car. Of course I had to take him with me everywhere and every time he rolled over the windows went down.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2009, 09:28 AM   #3
BMW-NC
Selling drugs to BMW addicts
Germany
Rep
Drives: 135i e82 6MT N55

1) No way via IDrive at least noen I have ever heard of
2) no clue
3) Click the voice command button, say "multimedia" select external device. There you have an option "store to hdd"
4) It should do so automaticly....

That is about all I know from my experience.

Ray
      03-27-2009, 09:56 AM   #4
///MSpt550xi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 550xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-NC View Post
3) Click the voice command button, say "multimedia" select external device. There you have an option "store to hdd".
From what I understand, there is no way that you can pull music from your iPod/iPhone onto the HDD. You would have to save your music onto a flash drive and use the USB port to upload it to the HDD.
2012 F10 550xi M Sport, Dark Graphite Metallic II, Black Nappa, Aluminum Hexagon Trim, Cold Weather Package, Ceramic Controls, Premium Sound Package, Luxury Seating Package, 30% Tint, Painted Reflectors
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2009, 10:05 AM   #5
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

Quote:
Thanks!
Am I the only one here who doesn't have to hit Accept ?
I just leave it, and within 5-10 seconds it goes to the Main Menu without me ever hitting Accept
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2009, 10:21 AM   #6
tjf
Rep

Thanks for your input guys!

1) baaahh, annoying, oh well
2) Does it remember Sirius volume level for any of you?
3) I don't see the "Store to HDD" option for the iPhone, I'll try with a USB stick and see if it gives me the option then
4) hm, no it doesn't auto silence the music for me when the nav is speaking. I can make the nav louder but then it always shocks me when it says something and the music is off
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2009, 10:47 AM   #7
BMW-NC
Germany
Rep

ooops, never tried it with an iphone.....
did you order the 6ND option? That should take care of that...
      03-27-2009, 11:13 AM   #8
tjf
Rep

what's 6ND? I don't think there is an option like that?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2009, 11:31 AM   #9
BMW-NC
Germany
Rep

My fault, mixed up MINI and BMW. 6NF is what I ment. Smartphone integration for $150. Allows you to "hardwire" the phone with a matching cradle into the system therefore using an external antenna and giving full access to the internal music player on the smartphone.

btw: 6ND is USB on the MINI....
      03-27-2009, 11:32 AM   #10
tjf
Rep

ah, yep I have 6NF
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2009, 11:55 AM   #11
BMW-NC
Germany
Rep

Quote:
ah, yep I have 6NF
Then my Information is useless until I get an Iphone to play with....

BTW: To copy to the HDD you have to use the port in the glovebox, but I take that you tried that.

I'm heading out, going to the 7 Series launch at our main location.

Ray
      03-27-2009, 04:30 PM   #12
TheBry
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 G12 750i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedm3 View Post
Am I the only one here who doesn't have to hit Accept ?
I just leave it, and within 5-10 seconds it goes to the Main Menu without me ever hitting Accept
Same behavior for me. I don't have to click "Accept". Although the system prompts me to click "accept", I just leave it for 10 seconds or so, then the warning goes away. It's really no big deal. By the time I have my seatbelt fastened, and the side mirrors deployed, the warning has gone away.

Past: 2008 M3 (E93) naturally aspirated V8 realness!
Past: 2012 740Li (F02) M-Sport (European Delivery)
Present: 2016 750i (G12) M-Sport
Appreciate 0