BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-27-2008, 01:40 PM   #1
Sacramento135i
Registered
Rep
Drives:

1st gen i-Phone MP3 problems

I haven't found any other problems noted on this exact topic so here goes. I just picked up my 135i earlier this week and one function i dropped 500 bones for flat out doesn't work. The iPhone DOES connect, however, when the songs play through the i-drive, there is no audio. The time next to the song shows it playing, but no sound. I tested a USB flash memory stick in the same port and it worked no problem. Unfortunately I pay for most of my music through Itunes and a fair portion of that will only play through an ipod/iphone. If anyone has had a similar problem, please share your experiences. I'll be talking to the dealership soon on this and will report back with their gouge. Thanks in advance.

"Subvert the Dominant Paradigm"
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2008, 02:23 PM   #2
jwdyeung
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Mine worked fine. Are you using the ipod connector that bmw gave? It has a usb and audio connector on one side and ipod connector on the other. You need to connect both. I believe audio is fed in through the aux and usb is used only for power.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2008, 04:39 PM   #3
Sacramento135i
Registered
Rep
Drives:

Works as Advertised

I feel only slightly silly for not figuring that out on my own. I assumed that the headphone extension was for other MP3 brands. Thanks for the tip.

Happy Driving
Appreciate 0