BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-24-2008, 05:17 PM   #1
ONE
YearOneOfThe1
Rep
Drives:

SHUFFLE Ipod - Flash - and other MP3's

Hey Guys,

I am in the market to purchase an Ipod or MP3 player.
Anyone use the Ipod Shuffle in their 1?

Do you suggest I-tunes or :wink:ther recommended music sites??

From BMW Ipod USB Option:

The iPod® adaptor offers the ability to simply and easily integrate selected iPod® models and other selected MP3 players into the vehicle's audio system. Once connected, the MP3 unit is fully controllable through the audio interface. You can then enjoy your personalized music selections delivered with the full audio capabilities and refinement of the BMW sound system.

Question 1:
What’s compatible and recommended by the 1 addicts for the 1?
Question 2:
I currently have a lot of songs (in mp3 format) on a regular flash drive that I play on my PC. Can I plug my flash drive into the 1’s ipod usb adapter and will it play and also display on the idrive nav?

Thanks because I’m not sure what I should be shoppin’ for at this point.

:w00t: Appreciate your help.
Attached Images

Delivered: 08 “Year One -11- Of The 1” 08 - Debadged: 08 “Day One -11- Of The 1” 08
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 11:54 PM   #2
drand
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40

I don't know about the Shuffle, I haven't plugged mine in. I do occasionally use a Nano but mainly use a USB thumb drive. I bought a 16Gb on and it is my preference and I just throw songs on it, ca navigate through it and I believe the sound quality is better than the Ipod using the analog connection.
      07-25-2008, 12:02 AM   #3
Xin1120
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i Coupé

Garage List
I currently use my iPhone as the media player but if I didn't have the phone I would probably buy a big flash drive as opposed to any music player and just leave it in the car. The reason being that its mostly likely a lot cheaper for you to find a big flash drive and its direct usb compatible so you don't have to think about using an adapter for the car. But thats just my take, of course you may find a music player useful if you want to take it out of the car.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2008, 07:50 AM   #4
ONE
YearOneOfThe1
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xin1120 View Post
I currently use my iPhone as the media player but if I didn't have the phone I would probably buy a big flash drive as opposed to any music player and just leave it in the car. The reason being that its mostly likely a lot cheaper for you to find a big flash drive and its direct usb compatible so you don't have to think about using an adapter for the car. But thats just my take, of course you may find a music player useful if you want to take it out of the car.

So do you think (using a flash drive) will display my song list on the idrive nav screen also?
Thanks!

Delivered: 08 “Year One -11- Of The 1” 08 - Debadged: 08 “Day One -11- Of The 1” 08
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2008, 07:56 AM   #5
rocketpop
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i

I use a iphone and a USB hardrive. The USB hardrive does work with the idrive nav screen. Works just like a ipod would. Sorts by artists,albums,songs,genre,etc
      07-25-2008, 09:30 AM   #6
warmtoes
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: EBII 435i xDrive

I'm presently using my iPod touch and it works just fine. All playlists, albums, artists, etc. show up and it's pretty easy to navigate.
Appreciate 0