BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-22-2008, 03:46 PM   #1
VasceBimmer
European Racer
Rep
Drives:

Dealer Erased Address Book While Pairing Bluetooth

Peeps. I need your help if any is available. I picked up my wife's 128i last night and the salesman erased my total address book with all my phone numbers except for the one number I had stored to the SIM card while he paired it. The numbers didn't even transfer to the address book on the radio. I should've done it myself. Anyway... I'm not sure if this has happened to anyone else but I thought I'd try. Does anyone know how to recover that lost information? If possible.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 04:11 PM   #2
natedog_1959
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2004 SVT Focus

Check with your cell phone provider. They may keep a record of your contacts and could be able to send them to your phone. Good luck, Nate.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 04:12 PM   #3
ansun
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 4.8i 135i

Do you have Verizon? Did you use BackUp assistant? Did you have a PDA? Did you sync it with your outlook or save anything to your computer? If not, then your outta luck.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 04:14 PM   #4
I-One-Da?
That One Guy
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansun View Post
Do you have Verizon? Did you use BackUp assistant? Did you have a PDA? Did you sync it with your outlook or save anything to your computer? If not, then your outta luck.

Unless you have used a backup software of some sort or have a Blackberry or Windows mobile device that you sync to your Outlook then you are out of luck:iono:

Sorry for the bad news
| Alpine White | Coral | Gloss Black | Paddles | Sport | Comfort | Heated Seats | I-Pod | Performance Rotors | Shadowline Grill | GB E-Brake | GB Gear Selector | 35% Tint | BMS Intake | GP Thunders | Debaged | Bimmian Black Roundels |
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 06:52 PM   #5
tiintegra
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

That sucks bro. Hopefully you had a backup. If you dialed a lot of your numbers i guess you could check your phone bill at the end of the month and see the numbers you dialed?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2008, 07:23 AM   #6
VasceBimmer
European Racer
Rep
Drives:

Thanks Guys. I never backed up my information in the past. I guess I should now. I have Cingular/ATT. I found a service they have for 2 bucks a month, they automatically back up your address list weekly. I may take advantage of it the future.

I did however e-mail the service provider to see if there is a possibility of recovery and am awaiting their reply, because I saw some software you can purchase to recover lost information on the net. If I find an answer I'll let you guys know.
Appreciate 0