BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-13-2008, 02:14 PM   #1
Bilsko
Rep
Drives:

Audio Problems

My girlfriend was driving the 135 today and said that at one point when she got in the car, all audio went completely wonky. The sound that the console makes when the key is first inserted in the ignition was nearly inaudible and very fuzzy. The same thing happened with the radio (radio, cd & bluetooth) very low volume and lots of static.

She said this continued the whole way home and she tried turning off the car / turning on several times.

She told me when she got home and we went to go take a look - when I tried my key everything worked fine, then tried hers and everything seemed to work fine.

I know she's not imagining things...so has anyone else had issues with the audio?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2008, 02:19 PM   #2
eunosracr
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilsko View Post
My girlfriend was driving the 135 today and said that at one point when she got in the car, all audio went completely wonky. The sound that the console makes when the key is first inserted in the ignition was nearly inaudible and very fuzzy. The same thing happened with the radio (radio, cd & bluetooth) very low volume and lots of static.

She said this continued the whole way home and she tried turning off the car / turning on several times.

She told me when she got home and we went to go take a look - when I tried my key everything worked fine, then tried hers and everything seemed to work fine.

I know she's not imagining things...so has anyone else had issues with the audio?

Same thing happened to me once a few weeks ago. When i was getting out of the car and the key was in the ignition the reminder chime was extremely loud and fuzzy. It was very weird but has not done it since. This is one of those things which will be very hard to reproduce for the dealer to fix.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2008, 02:42 PM   #3
jbenington86
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i, 2017 Tundra

Garage List
2015 M235i  [0.00]
2008 128i  [0.00]
my radio did something strange one time.. i was just driving along listening to music and everytime i hit a decent size bump the music would go fuzzy for a second then after a little driving it kinda fixed itself
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2008, 11:39 PM   #4
1ToBeOn2Wheels
Freude am Fahren
United_States
Rep
Drives: B9 Audi S5 Coupe

My radio (AM/FM) was not available via iDrive. Only AUX and CD were highlighted as options. This was fixed when I started the car up the 2nd time and hasn't happened since. I don't think this is related to your issues but I thought I'd share anyway. :biggrin:
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2008, 04:26 PM   #5
bimmertech
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

i've replaced several non i-drive radio's for odd intermittent noises/static.
Appreciate 0