BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-28-2008, 11:32 AM   #1
metapod
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: U11 X1 28i xDrive

Garage List
2023 BMW X1  [0.00]
USB + Standard Stereo

I tried searching for this, but there seems to be a lot of confusion over the standard stereo vs. the premium hi-fi version.

My main question is this:

Does the standard head unit display MP3 info (e.g. track, artist) when using the USB connection (or an MP3 cd)?

I'm having a hard time justifying the $875 price.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2008, 04:28 PM   #2
RedVert135
United_States
Rep
Drives: Crimson E88 MT Sport

Yes, it does. The complete filename is displayed just as in File Manager on PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseHaver View Post
I tried searching for this, but there seems to be a lot of confusion over the standard stereo vs. the premium hi-fi version.

My main question is this:

Does the standard head unit display MP3 info (e.g. track, artist) when using the USB connection (or an MP3 cd)?

I'm having a hard time justifying the $875 price.

Thanks.
SSTT + UUC Short Shifter + RK6-L Knob
CDV Delete + Stubby Antenna
Unspecified LW Wheels & Tires
Valentine One or Bel STi

Appreciate 0
      07-15-2008, 08:54 AM   #3
chorn
Rep
Drives:

Ive noticed when I burn MP3 CDs with the standard stereo that it ignores my folder structure and just numbers the songs 1-150 or whatever the case is. That doesnt bother me so much on cds with 100 songs, Does it do the same thing with the Flash Drive ?

It would be nice if it displayed it with a A-Z like the cell phone system does with your contact list. Is that how it is ? My car didnt come with the USB, but depending on how it displays it I am considering getting it added , it would be nice to just toss my entire CD collection onto a thumb drive and never have to burn CDs again.

(I got the standard stereo because that was in the car on the lot, so I didnt have to wait. and I knew I could install the USB after for the same price if I wanted)
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2008, 08:59 AM   #4
Lester
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorn View Post
(I got the standard stereo because that was in the car on the lot, so I didnt have to wait. and I knew I could install the USB after for the same price if I wanted)
Are you sure about that? I don't know if the full USB is available after delivery. I think you only can add a glove box Ipod player - but that doesn't have the USB port.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2008, 02:06 PM   #5
chorn
Rep
Drives:

Not, not sure, but I have read on this forum in many places it is available. I didnt actually check with the dealer.
Appreciate 0