Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs)

06-19-2020, 11:53 PM   #1
vitalus
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

YMB - bad quarter panel scrape

My S/O scraped a dumpster while backing up the M3, and I'm looking at what is needed to fix everything. Hoping to avoid going through insurance and jacking up my premiums if that makes sense.

Picture is attached but, the only damage is to the rear left quarter panel, everything else is fine and thankfully it wasn't deformed in any way.

Anyways, took it to a local autobody shop and got an estimate, which included blending the door and a bumper, which I was a bit surprised they would do, as I didn't realize that it was standard to blend to other pieces that weren't damaged.

The estimate came in at $2k w/ 10 hours of labor + 5 hours of paint.

Posting here because I'm wondering if this type of color is especially hard to match and there's anything I should be concerned about there, and if it's worth shopping around for other estimates or if this approach sounds reasonable.

Thanks

Picture attached
Attached Images

Last edited by vitalus; 06-20-2020 at 01:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 11:55 PM   #2
9M71
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 | 6MT

Given how close the damage is to the edge of a panel they would want to blend for better color match. door definitely. rear bumper... maybe not needed
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 04:21 PM   #3
papasmurf_m3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB F80 M3

That's a high price but, if they are top notch ok. But, at that price just use insurance. Don't half ass it. GL!

ecutek - bend calibration pro tune - flex fuel - mpe - stock turbos - oem+
Appreciate 0