ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-04-2020, 11:07 PM   #1
Fungshui
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4M Coupe

Garage List
2007 BMW Z4M  [7.00]
Not mine/ Not affiliated: 2007 Z4 M Coupe (SF Bay Area)

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
NOT MINE OR AFFILIATED!

Craigslist Link:
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto...133688253.html

Quote:

2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe MCoupe 27K Miles - $36999 (lafayette / orinda / moraga)

A very rare 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe with 27K miles for sale.

+ Monaco Blue exterior and Light Sepang Bronze interior (1 of 36 Monaco Blue produced in the US, and 1 of 13 with Light Sepang Bronze interior). Dark navy blue during the day, and almost black at night. You won't see another one like this on the road.
+ It has been maintained religiously. 2 first owners were family members in Hawaii - both older gentlemen. I'm a BMW enthusiast and have owned many M cars in the past.
+ All original OEM, never modified, except for a shorter radio antenna.
+ Clean title. Clean carfax. No accident. I have a carfax report.
+ Recent maintenance, and also inspection at BMW Concord which gave two thumbs up.
+ New tires about 2K miles ago. Almost new brakes.
+ The car drives like new. Very tight, firm, and solid.
+ One of the rare cars without the archaic factory GPS.
+ Carbon trim.
- A few door dings, scratches, and wheel curb rashes accumulated over the years.

If you go to other classified websites, almost all Z4 M Coupe with less than 30K miles are selling for $40K+. These cars will become classic and appreciate over time.

No Thank You: Trades, Low ballers, Scammers, Services, Carfax Alternatives.

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 10:07 AM   #2
lubricator
Registered
Rep
Drives: Viper GTS, Subaru BRZ

I looked at this one. It had 27,150 miles and lived all but a year in Hawaii. I passed because it had obviously been parked unprotected most of those years and it had an untold number of scratches down to the primer on nearly every panel along with dry rubber. Interlagos Blue Metallic is stunning, but unforgiving when it comes to hiding imperfection. Also, being on the Islands for 12 plus years plays havoc with aluminum. All of the engine bay components made of aluminum were severely corroded from the salt air. Another cause for my pass was from the limited knowledge I have developed in the last couple of weeks about the S54 engine. Gathering up 27,150 miles with a combination of over a 1,000 short trips is not good. The asking price was $36,999. After much thought I did not even make an offer. I am still on the hunt for a nice 50K mile Z4M.
Appreciate 3
      06-05-2020, 01:03 PM   #3
Fungshui
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4M Coupe

Garage List
2007 BMW Z4M  [7.00]
Great feedback.

Update: The author has now deleted the CL ad.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 02:38 PM   #4
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubricator View Post
I looked at this one. It had 27,150 miles and lived all but a year in Hawaii. I passed because it had obviously been parked unprotected most of those years and it had an untold number of scratches down to the primer on nearly every panel along with dry rubber. Interlagos Blue Metallic is stunning, but unforgiving when it comes to hiding imperfection. Also, being on the Islands for 12 plus years plays havoc with aluminum. All of the engine bay components made of aluminum were severely corroded from the salt air. Another cause for my pass was from the limited knowledge I have developed in the last couple of weeks about the S54 engine. Gathering up 27,150 miles with a combination of over a 1,000 short trips is not good. The asking price was $36,999. After much thought I did not even make an offer. I am still on the hunt for a nice 50K mile Z4M.
Thanks for the information.

One thing I question, isn't there a good chance the 50k mile car has also been on 1000 short trips? If you drive 10 miles each way to work you can end up with 500 short trips in one year (250 working days, 2 trips per day). In 13 years who knows how many short trips it has been on.