Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

04-18-2019, 02:45 PM   #1
spdandpwr
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X3 M Comp

Best Option for Stock Height F80

Looking to get some wheels for my Austin Yellow F80 and am looking for the best size / fitment on the stock height. I know the car rides like a monster truck, but I don't want to disrupt the dynamics of the car by pitching the front end lower relative to the rear...feels like that wedge shape created by lowering the front more than the rear would create drag... and I need my top speed.

With that, what are the recommendations for something that doesn't rub and looks good. Bonus points for a wheel suggestion that will look good on Austin Yellow.

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 11:15 PM   #2
melanthius
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

The answer would be very close to if not exactly the same as the fitment on non-stock height.

Apex made several wheels that are basically a perfect fitment for F8x platform. I would start from there and then use a wheel / offset calculator if you find something that is slightly different than what they made.

https://support.apexraceparts.com/hc...-Fitment-Guide

Or do what a lot of people do and just buy the exact same that someone else has who has reported no rubbing.

Apex SM-10 Anthracite

Hardware:
19x9.5 +22
19x11 +44
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 275/30/19 and 305/30/19
KW V3
GC Camber Plates
Project Kics - Iconix R40 Lugs Neo Chrome finish
Macht Schnell 75mm studs
Appreciate 0