ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > BMW Z4 Photos, Photoshops, Videos and other Media
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-09-2008, 11:09 PM   #1
Dan335
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10 535 M Sport

Spyshot/Video - New Z4 in West LA

I was driving home from work today and spotted and new Z4 under camoflouge - They somewhat covered the headlights and tail lights as always, and they added to the hood and sides extra molding but you can completely tell its the new Z4. Had a CA DLR License plate.

I video recorded this with my Sprint Razr 2 cell phone. I`ll be glad to upload it or send it to anyone who would know how to upload it if anyone wants to see it. I have a few 10 seconds clips.

My initial views are a bit more agressive looking side and hood. Xenons were awesome looking - I noticed the car by seeing a familiar looking but distinct headlights in my rear view, slowed down and noticed the new Z4!

PM Me if anyone would like it.

Heres the link: http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/share....tate=RETRIEVED

Last edited by Dan335; 06-11-2008 at 01:26 AM.. Reason: http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/share....tate=RETRIEVED
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 10:49 AM   #2
Dan335
Private First Class
Rep

I got ALOT of PM's!

I took the clips from my cell phone so I'm not quite sure how to upload it - I`ll play with it at work today. If anyone has sprint or has video messaging on their phone which most phones do I can send it to your cell phone and you can upload it for everyone.

If anyone knows how PM Me otherwise I`ll try in afew hours to figure out how.

-Dan
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 11:08 AM   #3
Dan335
Private First Class
Rep

PMs replied. Emails have been sent out with 2 of 3 videos. I`ll send the last better. Enjoy
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 11:39 AM   #4
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

YouTube it!

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 01:28 PM   #5
Brucewonder
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 yea boi

post it here
      06-10-2008, 06:32 PM   #6
AtoB
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by teammojo View Post
post it here
X2
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 06:54 PM   #7
Dan335
Private First Class
Rep

Send me your email and I can email it - I dont know how to upload off my sprint account but Ive sent it to everyone who has PMed me
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 07:00 PM   #8
Dan335
Private First Class
Rep

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/share....tate=RETRIEVED

Click on that link and it will take you to Sprint site. You might have to install Quickplayer if not installed on your browser.

BTW the few bad moments were due to either nearly getting in an accident or the driver looking at me like a crazy from video recording him haha

Enjoy
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2008, 05:27 PM   #9
V8convert
Private
Rep
Drives: Waiting for the perfect V8

Thx for posting

M..........if you are listening...please put the M3V8 into the next Z4M (with MDCT).

And Hurry up too
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2008, 07:41 PM   #10
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8convert View Post
M..........if you are listening...please put the M3V8 into the next Z4M (with MDCT).

And Hurry up too
I can almost guarantee that BMW will not put the V8 into the next generation MZ4 until 2012. If there is to be a next generation of the MZ4 at all.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2008, 02:43 AM   #11
V8convert
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
I can almost guarantee that BMW will not put the V8 into the next generation MZ4 until 2012. If there is to be a next generation of the MZ4 at all.
Why would they wait that long assuming the new Z4 is due next year?

Why would there not be a Z4M?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2008, 07:36 AM   #12
MaSt0RaS
Private
Rep
Drives: Z4 White

Quote:

the z4 came out on 2003-04 and the M on 2006. and now maybe 2010 the models and 2012 the M if it will be an M model. whoknows :P:P
      06-12-2008, 08:29 AM   #13
V8convert
Private
Rep

Thanks, I guess there is no reason to change the cycle lag between models. Guess ill have to wait

Anyone else waiting eagerly on a possible V8 Z4M?
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2008, 03:54 PM   #14
The HACK
Rep

Quote:

It's just the way BMW does business. The E93 M3 will be out next year, there's no way in hell they'd put out another convertible that's lighter, stiffer, performs better on the track and in a straight line until the sales can be established. The Z3 M didn't get introduced until the E36 M3 convertibles are on its last legs, and the Z4 M didn't get introduced until the last year of the E46 M3 vert. The convertible based on the 3 series is their REAL cash-cow, not the M variant of the Z convertible.

And whether or not there will be a next generation M based on the Z is still up in the air. The MZ4's sales figures were way off compared to the ratios of Ms sold as Z3s. There were rumors that BMW wasn't going to make an M variant of the Z4 anyway, and with the current state of the market and the possible CAFE hike, the next M variant of the Z4 will be the first one on the chopping block in the BMW boardroom.

Frankly, if I were on the BOD for BMW, the X3 and X6 would be the first to go, followed closely by the X5.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2008, 09:04 AM   #15
V8convert
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
It's just the way BMW does business. The E93 M3 will be out next year, there's no way in hell they'd put out another convertible that's lighter, stiffer, performs better on the track and in a straight line until the sales can be established. The Z3 M didn't get introduced until the E36 M3 convertibles are on its last legs, and the Z4 M didn't get introduced until the last year of the E46 M3 vert. The convertible based on the 3 series is their REAL cash-cow, not the M variant of the Z convertible.

And whether or not there will be a next generation M based on the Z is still up in the air. The MZ4's sales figures were way off compared to the ratios of Ms sold as Z3s. There were rumors that BMW wasn't going to make an M variant of the Z4 anyway, and with the current state of the market and the possible CAFE hike, the next M variant of the Z4 will be the first one on the chopping block in the BMW boardroom.

Frankly, if I were on the BOD for BMW, the X3 and X6 would be the first to go, followed closely by the X5.
Perhaps for BMWNA. Here in the UK things are a little different. Emissions standars are not as strict and we tend to get first pickings (along with switzerland and germany - all M/RS mad countries) for high performance models.

The E93M is already out and the SUV X3/X5 are real cash cows for BMW. The M3V8 is a great engine and i would hate not to see it used in the M coupe.

Consider also that Audi are on the offensive with the TTR coming out next year and a general onslaught with their model lineup (Porsche also with a possible Cayman RS/Turbo next year as well as DFI/PDK for their lineup) and it would seem weak of BMW not to release a new Z4M at some point. Even Audi that used to reserve the RS model till the very last year of that models life has said publicly that they will release all future RS models within 2 years of initial A model (A4/A5 etc) release. Expect the TTR next year, RS5 2010, RS4 2011.

This is all speculation but I would be very dissapointed if there was no Z4M at least in the eurozone in 2010.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2008, 01:37 PM   #16
The HACK
Rep

US market accounts for 50% of worldwide sales, and the Fatherland is the 2nd biggest market. What these two market will bear dictates what BMW does in their overall brand strategy.

There were plenty of pressure to release the MZ4 in this generation ASAP, the S54 was already tried and true (by the time the new Z4 is ready the crank bearing problem has been addressed) yet the MZ4 was not released despite pressure from Boxster S and Merc SLK 55. Whether or not a new MZ4 will be released on the new platform is entirely dictated by the market, and with the not quite so stellar sales numbers of the MZ4 chances are very slim that the V-8 in the M3 will make it into the next MZ4.

There will be no MZ4 by 2010, even in Europe. Bank on it. The earliest ANY form of MZ4 will show up will be by no earlier than 2012.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2008, 08:29 PM   #17
epbrown
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M Coupe, Porsche Boxster S

Quote:
Anyone else waiting eagerly on a possible V8 Z4M?
Not really - I suspect a lot of technological advancements, but overall I don't think the next M version will be significantly quicker (more than .5sec) from 0-60 than my mildly modded Z4M (est. 4.5s). The S65 doesn't have much more torque and the new car is going to be much heavier than my M coupe, thanks to its folding hardtop. Then there's the worse fuel economy, the higher price, the reduced trunk space...

I'm sure it will be quite nice, and I look forward to seeing them in action, but I'm happy enough with my current car.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2008, 04:24 AM   #18
V8convert
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by epbrown View Post
Not really - I suspect a lot of technological advancements, but overall I don't think the next M version will be significantly quicker (more than .5sec) from 0-60 than my mildly modded Z4M (est. 4.5s). The S65 doesn't have much more torque and the new car is going to be much heavier than my M coupe, thanks to its folding hardtop. Then there's the worse fuel economy, the higher price, the reduced trunk space...

I'm sure it will be quite nice, and I look forward to seeing them in action, but I'm happy enough with my current car.
No point comparing a modded car to a stock car. See the endless 335V2 vs M3 threads. If they offer a coupe only version than the car will absolutlely fly. If however it is a folding hardtop the weight penalty would be too great and performance would suffer.

I would only be interested in a coupe. No hardtop/softtop for me.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2008, 08:15 AM   #19
epbrown
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M Coupe, Porsche Boxster S

Quote:
No point comparing a modded car to a stock car. See the endless 335V2 vs M3 threads.
I disagree with that, especially in the case of my car, which is modded with BMW OEM parts, but whatever.

I'd say there's less point in comparing the performance of a stock car to a car that doesn't exist yet - we'll have to wait and see how the new one turns out. With today's climate towards performance cars, BMW may make some decisions we can't anticipate about the next car.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 07:29 AM   #20
V8convert
Private
Rep

July edition of Car magazine quotes the new Z4 to be released late next year as folding hardtop and coupe. They also say the M3V8 will make an appearance then in the Z4.

Just quoting what they say.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 12:27 PM   #21
The HACK
Rep

Quote:
July edition of Car magazine quotes the new Z4 to be released late next year as folding hardtop and coupe. They also say the M3V8 will make an appearance then in the Z4.

Just quoting what they say.
Most of the same car magazines also called the next generation Z4 "E89" which doesn't make any sense either when the next car due to be introduced, the new 7 series, has an F development code. And the E89 designation would make this chassis older than dirt (or the E9X 3 series) when the Z series has always had a higher E chassis code (E85/6 came out same generation as E46, E36/7/8 came out same generation as E36...etc).

In fact, even BMW's own magazine once said that the 335D is one second faster than the 335i (and it took some painstaken logic to convince internet morons otherwise) when they meant to compare it to the 330i. Magazines make mistakes, and speculations are just that, speculations.

Heck there were people speculating that THIS was going to be the E86:

And various magazines were certain that it'd weigh 2,500 lbs with 400hp. All I can say is, I'll believe it when I see it.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2008, 12:47 PM   #22
Spaceman Spiff
Captain
Rep
Drives: R8, 996 C2, Z4MR (sold)

Is that on Santa Monica Blvd. in Century City? I should camp out there until I see it!
Appreciate 0