ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

12-28-2017, 11:33 AM   #1
Negtvions
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 ZCP

Under the Radar...

I recently got this Uniden R3 Radar detector installed at Best Buy (bought the detector online though.)

Install cost $50.00 + $20.00 for an extended cord that could be run under the dash to keep it discreet. (+ $20.00 for a tip because he did a fast clean job)

And it is discreet. Blends right in and doesn't distract or obstruct my view. Especially now that I've dialed in the settings of the detector so that it is essentially "off" until it pics up a signal.

All in all I'm very happy with the purchase and install.
Attached Images

12-28-2017, 11:47 AM   #2
uniqueMR
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ...

Appreciate 0
      12-28-2017, 11:51 AM   #3
ciaranob
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Convertible

For future ref a wiretap cord into your mirror stem box is an ultra easy install you can do yourself and equally if not more clean - many threads showing you how to do it on BP.

I'm guessing you will level the unit out as it appears to be pointing somewhat upward in your pics ! Does this unit come with a red or orange option for the LED colors? One thing I like about my Max 360 as it blends in better with the cars OEM electronics - suspect yours has this too.
      12-28-2017, 11:58 AM   #4
Negtvions
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaranob View Post
For future ref a wiretap cord into your mirror stem box is an ultra easy install you can do yourself and equally if not more clean - many threads showing you how to do it on BP.

I'm guessing you will level the unit out as it appears to be pointing somewhat upward in your pics ! Does this unit come with a red or orange option for the LED colors? One thing I like about my Max 360 as it blends in better with the cars OEM electronics - suspect yours has this too.
Its pretty level, I think its the angle of the pics that makes it look like its pointing up.

And yes, multiple LED color options. I like blue, but I keep the detector in "dark" mode, which is essentially off until it picks up a signal. The visual cue of lights coming on catches my attention, as the beeps are sometimes lost in exhaust note and music noise.
Appreciate 1
ciaranob747.50