BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

EXXEL Distributions

10-08-2017, 12:37 AM   #1
Silverwolf
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Awesome Experience with Ray aka "Playskool" - Rod Bearing Replacement

I writing this post to share my experience about engaging Ray aka "Playskool" to replace my rod bearings.

Let me cut to the chase - It was an awesome experience! If you are in the bay area and looking for someone meticulous to replace your rod bearings. Ray aka "Playskool" is your guy! Unfortunately, he is currently banned from this forum so if you want to get hold of him, PM me and I will gladly forward you his contact.

Now..here is the reason for my positive review. In the process of working on my car, Ray realized that I had a missing crank cover due to aftermarket pulley I had on. This basically caused issues on moving forward with the work. He communicated this promptly and helped order and pick up the part from a BMW dealership. Might I add that he waited approximately 1.5 hrs at the dealership for the part and that I am really grateful for!

In addition to that, 12 out of the 16 BE ARP bolts that I had previously ordered from BE directly had issue with the tips of the bolts and were basically unable to screw back into the connect rod. Not wanting to cause any further delays, he voluntarily used 12 of his spare bolts to ensure my car was back up and running as soon as possible. The dude is amazing and went above and beyond while working on my car so he definitely gets the 2 thumbs up from me!

Hope this was helpful!
Appreciate 3
b4hand661.00
chief208.00