EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

08-30-2017, 05:27 PM   #1
LayZA55
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO/SS F80 6MT

Professional Garage Floor Coating

Hey everyone, my new home (new construction) is nearly finished. I'm about a month away from completion. I'll be living in Newcastle. Does anyone have any recommendations for companies that do professional garage floor coatings? Looking for recommendations on epoxy or other type of coatings as well. Looking for something reasonably priced, but don't mind paying a bit more if it means I don't have to do it again for a number of years (if not ever). Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2017, 07:58 PM   #2
TBLM235X
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 17 440i

I looked into the same when re-doing my garage. I ultimately decided against a coating since I still would have to deal with spills, stains and cleaning it regularly to look good. I ended up going with Swisstrax tiles and am extremely pleased with them. They always look clean and my floor is always dry now. The cost was actually less than the professional quotes for epoxy (including diamond grinding old finish, etc.).

Swisstrax does the flooring for Mecum, Barret-Jackson, Jay Leno, etc. For a really good real life comparison, checkout Obsessed Garage and Matt's experience with epoxy before switching to Swisstrax.
Appreciate 1
LayZA5515.50
      08-31-2017, 12:25 AM   #3
LayZA55
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO/SS F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLM235X View Post
I looked into the same when re-doing my garage. I ultimately decided against a coating since I still would have to deal with spills, stains and cleaning it regularly to look good. I ended up going with Swisstrax tiles and am extremely pleased with them. They always look clean and my floor is always dry now. The cost was actually less than the professional quotes for epoxy (including diamond grinding old finish, etc.).

Swisstrax does the flooring for Mecum, Barret-Jackson, Jay Leno, etc. For a really good real life comparison, checkout Obsessed Garage and Matt's experience with epoxy before switching to Swisstrax.
Appreciate the advice. Swisstrax seems interesting. Gonna have to do some more research into them. I guess I'll have some things to think about...
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2017, 05:38 PM   #4
mm767cap
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M3 Competition Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by LayZA55 View Post
Appreciate the advice. Swisstrax seems interesting. Gonna have to do some more research into them. I guess I'll have some things to think about...
PM me if you're still considering this. I have a local friend in the business
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2017, 12:19 AM   #5
schnazzy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: YMBSSM4

I used the following company:
http://www.cascadecustomgarages.com/...r-coating.html

Brian was great. He came by my work and showed me the samples so he could order the particular flake I wanted. Floor looks great. He did it 2 years ago almost to the day. They taped everything up and even took out the crash bar in front of the heating unit.

You can't drive on it for about 2 days after he is done. I closed on my house mid week and that day I opened the garage up for him and he worked on it, then 2 days later I moved in and I waited another day to park on it.

Never slip around on the floor. it's great.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2017, 10:59 AM   #6
Who's on first
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A-10C

Www.Yourperfectfloor.com

PM me, I grew up with the owner.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0