Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

07-20-2017, 06:43 PM   #1
Egrunt
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 (F90), Tacoma, GTI

New tires at 14k miles on my F80

I am the original owner of my 2015 F80 purchased new in July of 2104. Checking the tire pressure this pass weekend and decided to measure the tread depth. Long story short at 14k miles the rears had 3/32nd and 4/32nd and the fronts where at 5/32nd. I decided to change them out to the Michelin PS4S (old tires Michelin PSS).

Mounted yesterday at Discount Tire and they scratched two of the wheels. The damage appears to be through the clear coat only on the outer lip near the tire. Discount Tire is paying the bill to fix them and after speaking with the repair person he will need to remove the wheels and machine the surface. He will have the wheels for four days. He could have done a fix at my house but he said it would be a 90% fix. Since I have several other vehicles I told him to do the correct fix.

In the future I think I will find a different installer since this is the second time Discount Tire has damaged the wheels on my vehicle. They scratched a wheel on my Tacoma several years ago and they paid to have the wheel repaired.

I would recommend anyone having their tires changed to have the company representative walk around the vehicle and observe there is no damage to any of the wheels. At first the representative said the damage was old do to the damaged area having black at the edges. I pointed out to him the entire lip of the wheels was covered in black before the technician removed it with a rag.

Last edited by Egrunt; 07-22-2017 at 08:20 AM..
Appreciate 0