European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

06-11-2017, 07:28 PM   #1
LuckyTune
Rep
Drives: F80 m3

iDrive 5 music streaming/spotify issues

Wondering if there is a known issue and/or a fix - having issues when trying to stream music via Bluetooth, the phone says connected and playing through BMW... but I am only able to select my phone in media about 10% of the time.

In addition to this the Spotify app has not shown up as an option in a couple of weeks.

Anyone else having issues or got any tips?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2017, 09:09 PM   #2
eff1dude
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY17 M3 Competition S/S

Same here. If you look back I posted a thread about 4 months ago with the same issues. I've given up trying to use Spotify with idrive 5. Another thread shows same issues with idrive 4. Like you, Bluetooth only works sporadically for me. Without doubt the most unreliable and limited media interface I've had in any recent car. All I do now is listen to the radio.

The only possible solution is to pay extra for CarPlay to get something that actually works.
Appreciate 0