European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

06-09-2017, 02:26 PM   #1
Slow///1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80, GT3, X7

BC Forged customer service

I'd just like to send a quick thank you to Jonathan DeHate at BC Forged NA. I had a crack in one of my RS40s and I sent him a quick email with some pictures. He had a new wheel fabbed up and sent out immediately under warranty.

It's not often a company stands up for products purchased almost three years prior and even less often that their customer service is so excellent! If you're looking at aftermarket options, I can't recommend them enough. Thanks
Appreciate 3
      06-09-2017, 04:02 PM   #2
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep
Drives: ▋ ▉▉

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow///1 View Post
I'd just like to send a quick thank you to Jonathan DeHate at BC Forged NA. I had a crack in one of my RS40s and I sent him a quick email with some pictures. He had a new wheel fabbed up and sent out immediately under warranty.

It's not often a company stands up for products purchased almost three years prior and even less often that their customer service is so excellent! If you're looking at aftermarket options, I can't recommend them enough. Thanks
Good to hear about their customer service.

If I may ask, how did you crack the wheel?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2017, 06:35 PM   #3
Slow///1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80, GT3, X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by exo-shell View Post
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by exo-shell View Post
Quote:

I'm not really sure what the cause was. I ran through a set of PSS and put on fresh tires in November. A week later I put my winter wheels on. When I remounted the Summer wheels, I noticed the one wheel would lose 3-4 psi per day. A dunk tank revealed a small crack to be the culprit. BC Forged took care of the rest.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2017, 07:15 PM   #4
e90-4aj
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: E46-M3, F80-M3, 970 GTS

Quote:

that is great customer service!! i have BC wheels as well so good to know
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2017, 11:23 PM   #5
mtr3s
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

I'm worried about a forged wheel cracking like that
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2017, 02:17 AM   #6
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtr3s View Post
I'm worried about a forged wheel cracking like that
Not really uncommon, I have seen cracked HRE, BBS, etc. It can happen. Seen whole centers ripped out on expensive wheels.
Appreciate 1