Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - California

01-17-2017, 10:56 AM   #1
cloudzy1
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MG ZCP

Question on insurance claim

Hi
My car was hit on the front bumper and headlight, its mostly just deep scratches in both parts. My question is would that fall under comprehensive or collision being that my car was in a parking space and I was not present. Also would a claim cause an increase in my premium? I have AAA if that makes a difference.
Thanks for any information
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2017, 11:51 AM   #2
Hollywood Hogan
Captain
Rep
Drives: Sold: '13 RS5

Pretty sure it is through Comprehensive..Unless someone left a note telling you to contact their insurance because they hit you

You're going to have to pay a deductible on any comprehensive claim I believe so if the damage is under the deductible amount or just above it, I wouldn't bother claiming as it may increase your insurance premium. Better to call AAA and not give them any information but instead just ask general quesetions.
Appreciate 1
      01-17-2017, 03:17 PM   #3
hecho.in.626
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

If something fell on it - comp
Shopping cart hit it - comp
Vandalism - comp

Hit by another car while parked and unoccupied -collision
If hit an object and just realized it - collision

I have had my auto tech pay under comp for customer service if it can go either way. Especially if the customer has been with us for many years. Most people have lower comp deductibles. Comp is not chargeable. If its collision it will be a no fault so you won't be surcharged for the claim. You can lose some no claim discounts so you prob want to talk to your agent about that
Appreciate 2
Soofy209.50