BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

European Auto Source (EAS)

03-30-2008, 11:49 PM   #1
PyroM
No speed limits
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Question Convertible color combination?

hey there, i'm a new member and this is my first post, and i hope i get some feedback, i'd appreciate it.

i just secured an allocation, (no build date yet) on an M3 Convertible. I'm getting it where i got my 335i, at Motor Werks BMW in Chicago. They're telling me about a late April / Early May build date, so i have some time to decide my color combination.

I definitely want either the space gray or the jet black exterior. my 335i is space gray over black and i love it, but i'd really like black exterior and i'd like the interior to have a little more "wow" factor. i'm curious about the fox red.

So, should i do space over fox, black over fox, or stick with what i know will look pretty slick, space over black. just curious what you guys think, thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 06:13 AM   #2
WCH
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M8C convertible

Garage List
Fox red is difficult to photograph. It is brick colored in real life but changes with the amount of sunlight. There are some good photos of it from Lucid's post on this initial impressions. Having seen it in real life it would look great with either space gray or black in a vert.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130291
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 09:05 AM   #3
nechronics
Lieutenant
Syria
Rep
Drives: M3

Check out the NY Auto show pics of fox red over a white convertible - most accurate pictures to date of that color from what i recall.
      03-31-2008, 11:01 AM   #4
par4bmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 370Z & My JK Toy

I think FR is great in the vert from photos I have seen. Love the extra color. Black interior is not my favorite for verts, plus it shows dust easier.

The black outside is the best color I have seen on a 335 vert. The darker colors hide the lines of the three piece top and hide the roundness of the roof to trunk lid better IMHO.
Appreciate 0