BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

08-27-2016, 09:38 AM   #1
///Mobbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

Eibach Adjustable Sway Bars

Has anyone gone with this kit? LINK

One of the few kits out there with both front and rear adjustability. Can't seem to find any reviews.
      08-27-2016, 10:35 AM   #2
tlrid3r
just another M3
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Looks like a nice kit but I have RD sport adjustable ones. And at any setting the rear is too stiff. If you have stock suspension it may be fine but with coilover the rear oversteer too much. I'm removing mine. Maybe it's good with slick tires and down force.
///M3... Don't want more power, Just want it to turn sharper one step closer each time. -Ohlins TTX Raceline, PolePostions seats, Akrapovic EVO, ARC-8, 1/2 Cage, Seat Delete, Stoptech BBK, solid Subframe and diff bushing, spherical bearing on everything.
Appreciate 1
///Mobbin1478.00
      08-27-2016, 11:09 AM   #3
warp10
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Jet Black:ZCP, ZCV, ZP

Garage List
2011 M3  [10.00]
2011 28i X3  [0.00]
yes I have this kit. enjoying it haven't played with the settings yet. have the front in the middle and rear on softest.

but be warned the rear is more than a 2 hour install as you have to drop the rear sub frame.
      08-28-2016, 05:14 PM   #4
Move Over
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3 6MT

I have the rear as well, and am enjoying it on the street. Havent had the chance to track it yet, but will be next weekend.

I've heard that the stock bars are pretty good, so jumping up to a super stiff bar such as RD may be a bit too much. I liked the "mild" increase that the eibach provided, not to mention the price and availability too.
      08-30-2016, 04:56 PM   #5
///Mobbin
Colonel
Rep

Thanks all, I'm curious if anyone knows the "bar rate" of the RD Sport bars to compare the Eibachs?
      08-31-2016, 10:53 AM   #6
lutfy
Captain
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, NASA ST5 86, Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mobbin View Post
Thanks all, I'm curious if anyone knows the "bar rate" of the RD Sport bars to compare the Eibachs?
Funny couldn't find RD bar specs on their site. I have the 27mm HR non adjustable which states almost 50 percent stiffer than stock... These Eibachs can go up to 88percent with adjustments, nice! Am happy with mine but would prefer Eibach for adjustment.

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/t-t...-e92-sway-bars

Wondering if track folks are finding the stiffer setting on these Eibachs to increase front grip; as observed with E36 and E46 chassis? TIA.

Cheers,

Lutfy

Last edited by lutfy; 08-31-2016 at 11:09 AM..
Appreciate 1
///Mobbin1478.00
      08-31-2016, 11:04 AM   #7
///Mobbin
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lutfy View Post
Funny couldn't find RD bar specs on their site. I have the 27mm HR non adjustable which states almost 50 percent stiffer than stock... These Eibachs can go up to 88percent with adjustments, nice! Am happy with mine but would prefer Eibach for adjustment.

Cheers,

Lutfy
Nice, thanks for looking. I was originally thinking H&R for a nice conservative upgrade (that many have been happy with) but I am also thinking I might appreciate the adjust-ability down the road. Just want to make sure the rear Eibach bar isn't too stiff. I'm planning to do the B16 Damptronics as a first step and then later do front/rear sways at the same time as the rear-subframe and differential bushings so I only have to drop the subframe one time.
      08-31-2016, 12:01 PM   #8
lutfy
Captain
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, NASA ST5 86, Defender

Quote:
Nice, thanks for looking. I was originally thinking H&R for a nice conservative upgrade (that many have been happy with) but I am also thinking I might appreciate the adjust-ability down the road. Just want to make sure the rear Eibach bar isn't too stiff. I'm planning to do the B16 Damptronics as a first step and then later do front/rear sways at the same time as the rear-subframe and differential bushings so I only have to drop the subframe one time.
Don't do the rears. Stock is fine. Anything more you'll overpower the rears. Better to stiffen the rest with springs than with a bar. Spoke with two diff race teams to confirm and also evidenced the same with our e36 race car.

I drove a friends ZCP with front and rear bar (unsure of the brand) and while easier to rotate at Dominion; I would have liked more grip at track out (folks are putting bigger tires at the back for more punch and the rear bar could negate that).

I asked the same question on the front bar at the autox thread. Let's see what they say.

Lutfy
Appreciate 1
///Mobbin1478.00
      08-31-2016, 01:14 PM   #9
///Mobbin
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Don't do the rears. Stock is fine. Anything more you'll overpower the rears. Better to stiffen the rest with springs than with a bar. Spoke with two diff race teams to confirm and also evidenced the same with our e36 race car.

I drove a friends ZCP with front and rear bar (unsure of the brand) and while easier to rotate at Dominion; I would have liked more grip at track out (folks are putting bigger tires at the back for more punch and the rear bar could negate that).

I asked the same question on the front bar at the autox thread. Let's see what they say.

Lutfy
It looks like the adjustable Eibach bars only come in the kit with both the front and rear bars, weak.

The Dinan front bar is another adjustable option but pricey: LINK.
      08-31-2016, 01:20 PM   #10
Move Over
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3 6MT

Quote:
It looks like the adjustable Eibach bars only come in the kit with both the front and rear bars, weak.

Front Only:
http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/s...160831181948:s
      08-31-2016, 01:23 PM   #11
///Mobbin
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Move Over View Post
Nice, thanks for the link!
      09-01-2016, 01:20 PM   #12
jakob66
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 white, long list

Quote:

Lutfy

All of the above!
I had the RD rears always on soft and wished I could have gone lower (before the mods).
HOWEVER, now with the 315 slicks and full aero (and more speed) I'm already in the middle position and might even go higher and I love that setup!
As Lutfy said , if you still daily your car stick with OE or slightly stiffer, RD might be too much.
Thanks
      09-01-2016, 02:14 PM   #13
PrimeBMW
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E46 M3+S62, E92 M3

Quote:

I have the Dinan front sway bar and kept the oem rear. It works nicely with my set up. It took a little fiddling with bar/camber/tire pressures/coil over settings but it is very balanced and quick. I run BFG R1 for HPDE.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2017, 09:36 AM   #14
Exclusivs
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeBMW View Post
I have the Dinan front sway bar and kept the oem rear. It works nicely with my set up. It took a little fiddling with bar/camber/tire pressures/coil over settings but it is very balanced and quick. I run BFG R1 for HPDE.
This on your E46?
Does it use adjustable end links/ or OE?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2017, 10:09 AM   #15
PrimeBMW
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E46 M3+S62, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exclusivs
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeBMW View Post
This on your E46?
Does it use adjustable end links/ or OE?
The Dinan sway bar is used on the E92 M3. It has the adjustable end links. It's been awhile since I finalized the setting but believe it is on one of the softer settings. -3.2 camber in front and -2.0 in rear. This is with MCS singles. Can't remember the spring rates but on the softer side........even more soft in the rear. The car is balanced. This sway bar and end links are great for a car still driven on the street.
Appreciate 0