BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

European Auto Source (EAS)

06-15-2016, 08:44 AM   #1
crash32
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Does anyone have experience with TrackDaze HPDE schools?

I am really starting to enjoy track days more and more. This has led me to search for more events at my local track (VIR). I am trying to alternate between driving my Atom and M3 so in order to maximize seat time in both cars I am trying to get involved in as many track days and HPDE as possible at VIR.
TrackDaze is offering a 2 day HPDE at VIR and one of them is the Grand Course which I have never driven before at VIR. This is the course that Car and Driver uses as a benchmark as many of their top cars drive this track.
Have any of you guys had any experience with TrackDaze? The experiences that I have had is with the BMW club and Chin Motorsports.
I was curious as to how the instructors were with TrackDaze and how well organized their events were..... any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 01:42 PM   #2
Candide13
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 M3 ZCP 6MT AW/FR

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash32 View Post
I am really starting to enjoy track days more and more. This has led me to search for more events at my local track (VIR). I am trying to alternate between driving my Atom and M3 so in order to maximize seat time in both cars I am trying to get involved in as many track days and HPDE as possible at VIR.
TrackDaze is offering a 2 day HPDE at VIR and one of them is the Grand Course which I have never driven before at VIR. This is the course that Car and Driver uses as a benchmark as many of their top cars drive this track.
Have any of you guys had any experience with TrackDaze? The experiences that I have had is with the BMW club and Chin Motorsports.
I was curious as to how the instructors were with TrackDaze and how well organized their events were..... any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
I have run one event with them in an intermediate rung group at Summit Point Shenandoah. It was well organized (down to taking attendance at classroom sessions..) and I enjoyed myself. I did get the impression that in the advanced groups there were some cars that passed tech on a slightly wishful note, and one guy had a hose coming off and spraying coolant on the track. But that is an isolated data point. I would run with them again and would recommend them at least in the intermediate group.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 02:29 PM   #3
crash32
Private First Class
Rep

Taking attendance at classroom sessions..... Whoa!!!
Sounds like it's a decent group. Thanks for the info!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 06:08 PM   #4
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

Quote:
Taking attendance at classroom sessions..... Whoa!!!
Sounds like it's a decent group. Thanks for the info!
sounds like nazis!
      06-15-2016, 07:50 PM   #5
Sleeper519
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3 DCT

Quote:

Thanks!
I have instructed with TrackDaze for the past 2 years. They are a good outfit--laid back and approachable guys but strict when it comes to safety, just how you'd want it. The event every Nov. at VIR is one of my favorites, running Full Course on first day then Grand Course on day 2. They jokingly call the Grand the 'VIRburgring' for a good reason.

2008 M3 Coupe / DCT // StopTech BBK 380/355 / Pagid RS29 / Motul / Apex Arc-8 / BFG R1S / Ground Control / MS filter / Performance spoiler / BPM tune // Road Atlanta 1:39.70 / VIR Full 2:10.87 / Barber 1:42.20
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2016, 09:24 PM   #6
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

I haven't run with TrackDaze, but the Grand course in VIR is fantastic!

PCA Potomac has an event there at the beginning of September as well, I am already signed up to it!
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2016, 11:13 AM   #7
crash32
Private First Class
Rep

Never driven the Grand Course...... excited about that!
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2016, 03:24 PM   #8
swartzentruber
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Only ran one event with them a while back -- I think it was their first and last event at Autobahn Country Club (after that, seems like they decided to only do East Coast tracks). Still get their emails, and would love to run with them again, but it seems like with their current schedule, too far for Chicago area folks if you aren't trailering. Would love to run VIR sometime myself.