European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

06-05-2016, 05:37 AM   #1
d4springer
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 CP SS/SO

M3 F80 CP in Silverstone finally arrived!

That seemed like an age but finally it's here! Can't belive I've finally bought one of these and wish I'd done it earlier, what a car!

Handover was great, I had opted for a detailer to come in and prepare the car, (the guy was from Glasgow area so if anyone is interested pm me). It looked stunning and was parked up in the showroom for my arrival.

The sound when started up in the showroom was "slightly" noticeable! The exhaust note from the CP is certainly loud and the overrun pops and burbles are very smile inducing!

We went through the paperwork quickly, wasn't much to do there and my daughter was with me so she was more interested in getting in the car.

Went for a quick drive around the block with Hamish (my sales guy), I'm new to the M scene so he wanted to make sure I was happy with the various controls and M button settings etc.. We had recently been on the M Experience day at Knockhill so clearly I'm now a complete expert haha!

I took it very steady driving home (ish), my daughter kept hassling me to go for it but I didn't want to end up in a field already so we had a few blips just to get the noise.

Next day I did a few miles on my own, I just can't get over how quick this car is, I tried a bit of eco driving and managed 33 mpg which is surprisingly good, I guess as long as the turbos are not active then it should be nice and efficient when it needs to be. But that didn't last long and had to go for a bit of blasting! (not too much of course as it's "running in"). Whilst on my eco driving travels I did have an Audi TDI nobber tailgating, he overtook me on a blind corner and nearly went head first into a van (which would have been a great chance for me to test the M brakes, oh well maybe next time), I've already learnt not to bother with those idiots anyway so I'll just be letting them get on with it.

Seats are very comfy, no lumbar support but I didn't use that in my F30 anyway so probably not old enough to need it yet!

Later on we went for a family cruise around St Andrews in the evening, the traffic was slow so used the manual gears to play around with 2nd and 3rd gear shifts, going for the overrun and holding off to listen to the pops and burbles, I think the whole town centre could hear and I'm sure everyone was clearly thinking "look at those cool dudes in the M3" haha!

Options wise I did spec quite a lot, the only thing I overlooked was the leather dash, however the interior does seem nicer than my previous F30 so I'm not too fussed, maybe next round.

Anyway here's the obligatory phots, I'm trying not to find an excuse to drive it today but I'm sure we only have 8 pints of milk left so might have to get more just in case!
Attached Images

Older - E46 330i | Silver | AC Schnitzer, E36 328i Coupe | White
Appreciate 11
      06-05-2016, 05:55 AM   #2
M5essex
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: RR sport SVR, Vent S, 650s spi

Very nice indeed springer.

Red leather was my original choice too, because all my cars had or have red interiors so I thought I'd try SS. Yours Looks great with the SS exterior. Shame you didn't have full leather, but it is something so easily overlooked and dealers don't tend to push it either. Would you have had red stitching on a black leather dash?

Love the SS front splitter too, makes it look very sporty and classy at the same time with the contrasting carbon corners.

Enjoy!
Gone - 2016 F80 CP, 2015 991 Turbo S, 2016 LCI M135i. 2015 F10 CP M5. 2015 X5, 2012 E92 CP M3. 2009 E92 335i
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2016, 05:56 AM   #3
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Mercedes E350 Cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4springer
That seemed like an age but finally it's here! Can't belive I've finally bought one of these and wish I'd done it earlier, what a car!

Handover was great, I had opted for a detailer to come in and prepare the car, (the guy was from Glasgow area so if anyone is interested pm me). It looked stunning and was parked up in the showroom for my arrival.

The sound when started up in the showroom was "slightly" noticeable! The exhaust note from the CP is certainly loud and the overrun pops and burbles are very smile inducing!

We went through the paperwork quickly, wasn't much to do there and my daughter was with me so she was more interested in getting in the car.

Went for a quick drive around the block with Hamish (my sales guy), I'm new to the M scene so he wanted to make sure I was happy with the various controls and M button settings etc.. We had recently been on the M Experience day at Knockhill so clearly I'm now a complete expert haha!

I took it very steady driving home (ish), my daughter kept hassling me to go for it but I didn't want to end up in a field already so we had a few blips just to get the noise.

Next day I did a few miles on my own, I just can't get over how quick this car is, I tried a bit of eco driving and managed 33 mpg which is surprisingly good, I guess as long as the turbos are not active then it should be nice and efficient when it needs to be. But that didn't last long and had to go for a bit of blasting! (not too much of course as it's "running in"). Whilst on my eco driving travels I did have an Audi TDI nobber tailgating, he overtook me on a blind corner and nearly went head first into a van (which would have been a great chance for me to test the M brakes, oh well maybe next time), I've already learnt not to bother with those idiots anyway so I'll just be letting them get on with it.

Seats are very comfy, no lumbar support but I didn't use that in my F30 anyway so probably not old enough to need it yet!

Later on we went for a family cruise around St Andrews in the evening, the traffic was slow so used the manual gears to play around with 2nd and 3rd gear shifts, going for the overrun and holding off to listen to the pops and burbles, I think the whole town centre could hear and I'm sure everyone was clearly thinking "look at those cool dudes in the M3" haha!

Options wise I did spec quite a lot, the only thing I overlooked was the leather dash, however the interior does seem nicer than my previous F30 so I'm not too fussed, maybe next round.

Anyway here's the obligatory phots, I'm trying not to find an excuse to drive it today but I'm sure we only have 8 pints of milk left so might have to get more just in case!
That looks really great, love the silverstone colour it really goes well on the m3..

I see you went for the LED lights, how do you find them compared with the xenons?
      06-05-2016, 06:03 AM   #4
PeteRock
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: SO Comp Pack F80 M3

Very nice, congrats! Is that the standard black splitter painted in SS? How do you feel ground clearance is?

My dealer was saying if I get the front splitter I have to get the spoiler as well 🙄
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2016, 06:07 AM   #5
d4springer
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5essex View Post
Very nice indeed springer.

Red leather was my original choice too, because all my cars had or have red interiors so I thought I'd try SS. Yours Looks great with the SS exterior. Shame you didn't have full leather, but it is something so easily overlooked and dealers don't tend to push it either. Would you have had red stitching on a black leather dash?

Love the SS front splitter too, makes it look very sporty and classy at the same time with the contrasting carbon corners.

Enjoy!
Cheers! Yes I think it would have been red stitching on the black leather, I can see that on the door handles and cards, looks very nice! Not looking forward to scraping the splitter, I have customer to visit next week and they have those massive rubber security speed bumps at the gates, however I know which ones the trucks use so they will be worn down more, will see what happens!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2016, 06:08 AM   #6
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Hey, what a car! Looks fantastic, thanks for the write up.
I've gone for SS too so very interested in the pics. I think you had a 330d before? Good to know it seems a bit quicker, even before its ran in.

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2016, 06:08 AM   #7
d4springer
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc View Post
That looks really great, love the silverstone colour it really goes well on the m3..

I see you went for the LED lights, how do you find them compared with the xenons?
Not tried the night driving yet, I had the full adaptive xenons on the F30 so hoping it will be as good as, I'm loving all the LED indicators and lights though!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2016, 06:12 AM   #8
d4springer
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteRock View Post
Very nice, congrats! Is that the standard black splitter painted in SS? How do you feel ground clearance is?

My dealer was saying if I get the front splitter I have to get the spoiler as well 🙄
Yes it's the M Performance one for the M3, it has carbon side bits (which you obviously don't want to paint) and the bottom section is black plastic.

I think there is an advisory somewhere on the BMW site about having to get the spoiler if you have the splitter as it will effect the dynamics somewhere. I went for the carbon spoiler regardless though, like the contrasting black on silverstone at the back
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2016, 06:21 AM   #9
d4springer
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
Hey, what a car! Looks fantastic, thanks for the write up.
I've gone for SS too so very interested in the pics. I think you had a 330d before? Good to know it seems a bit quicker, even before its ran in.
Yes had the 330D, which I loved and was no slouch of course, but I have to admit this car is a tad quicker, the acceleration is epic and I know 0 to 60's aren't too important and the big diesels are good for 50 to 100 runs, but these cars just pull constantly, even if you go for it in a high gear there is huge amounts of torque, if you drop the gear then the back wheels can spin out (you might struggle with that concept being an xdrive owner haha!)

Good to see a few Silverstones on order by the way, look forward to seeing yours!
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2016, 06:21 AM   #10
rjwojcik
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 VW Golf GTD

So how pints of milk is it now?

Liking the shot of the rear.
      06-05-2016, 06:23 AM   #11
d4springer
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjwojcik View Post
So how pints of milk is it now?

Liking the shot of the rear.
I'm onto bread now, only 2 loafs so that will never last, should have picked it up with the milk, oh well I'll have to nip out again!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2016, 06:29 AM   #12
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: AMG C63s Coupe & F56 JCW

Looks fantastic congrats, love the SS , SO combo with carbon as well.
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2016, 07:59 AM   #13
DazC
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp Pack

Garage List
Looks amazing buddy.

Enjoy!
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2016, 08:21 AM   #14
Agua305x
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Amazing car... Congrats !!
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2016, 08:49 AM   #15
peterg1965
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d M Sport, F15 X5 40d

Looks stunning!
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2016, 08:52 AM   #16
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Congratulations!!! You seem delighted and rightly so.

Impeccable colour taste you have too!!!

Happy motoring
      06-05-2016, 09:05 AM   #17
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330e Touring

Congratulations. Lovely combination. I had Silverstone/Fox Red on my E92 M3. Would happily go for it again if I get the F82 M4, but I really should order something different.
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2016, 12:20 PM   #18
d4springer
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Cheers guys! that's me parked up for the day, I guess I'd better give it a wash down now, still not looking forward to cleaning those allys!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2016, 12:29 PM   #19
MadZarBMR
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Current: '18 M3 ZCP - 6MT

Congrats!! Car looks great. Love the painted front lip.
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2016, 01:09 PM   #20
M4Raaj
Private
Rep
Drives: 335D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4springer View Post
Not tried the night driving yet, I had the full adaptive xenons on the F30 so hoping it will be as good as, I'm loving all the LED indicators and lights though!
They are great I had them on my 335d and they make the car look evil from the front and at night on a dark road they dance around, so cool. My M4 doesn't have them as it was already built feel a bit gutted but sas they say "been there done that". Great looking car springer.
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2016, 02:04 PM   #21
gatsojon
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP SSII/SS

Garage List
2017 BMW M4 CP  [10.00]
Really good looking motor

I'm happy to see The CP wheels loom great with the SS. I expect cleaning will be fine once you've sourced the right brush to help.
      06-05-2016, 02:08 PM   #22
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: AMG C63s Coupe & F56 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4springer View Post
Cheers guys! that's me parked up for the day, I guess I'd better give it a wash down now, still not looking forward to cleaning those allys!
Get yourself some wheel woolies or EZ brushes, Imran at savers choice in Dundee does the wheel woolies realy nice guy and very good prices.
Get your wheels ceramic coated, i have done loads of them if you want some tips to do yourself then will be easier to keep clean
Appreciate 0