BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-05-2016, 09:46 PM   #1
Boosted135i
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Exclamation anti trap code d window stuck 1/4 help !

09 135i
Anti trap code came on after i came out from the gas station today as the window went down the normal 1/4" but never closed. The window will not go down at all and is basicaly stuck.
My passenger window is fine.
It is cold here in iowa which id if that helps but I have tried everything I can think of.
I can hear it click down by my foot but nothing
Someone help asap please!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 10:25 PM   #2
TheFox
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3NTAL 135I Auto, On3 ST

I fixed this by holding the unlock button with the car locked causing the windows to roll all the way down. once they are down I got in, started the car and the windows worked as normal after that.

hope it helps.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 10:34 PM   #3
Boosted135i
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFox View Post
I fixed this by holding the unlock button with the car locked causing the windows to roll all the way down. once they are down I got in, started the car and the windows worked as normal after that.

hope it helps.
I will try that! Most commonly i found that other cases like this were different as their windows would go down but not all the way up.
I will go try this! How long do i hold down the unlock button?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 10:41 PM   #4
TheFox
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted135i View Post
I will try that! Most commonly i found that other cases like this were different as their windows would go down but not all the way up.
I will go try this! How long do i hold down the unlock button?
When it happened to me neither window would move one was stuck about half way and the other was stuck all the way up (to the pint where it would hit the frame of the car when closing the door).

It takes like 7 seconds just hold the unlock button to open the windows all the way.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 11:42 PM   #5
Boosted135i
Private
United_States
Rep

Sooo....not good...i did that and it made my passenger window go all the way down and opened my sunroof 1/2 way!
My passenger window goes all way back up...sunroof will not close and drivers window is still stuck
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2016, 12:29 AM   #6
TheFox
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sooo....not good...i did that and it made my passenger window go all the way down and opened my sunroof 1/2 way!
My passenger window goes all way back up...sunroof will not close and drivers window is still stuck
Did you start the car before attempting to close the windows? If your driver side window did not go down when you pressed the unlock button on the key fob it could be the regulator but I'm not really sure.

To reset the sunroof press the tilt up button, wait for sunroof to rise, continue to hold the button and the sunroof will go through the entire open and close sequence resetting it.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2016, 12:39 AM   #7
TheFox
Private
United_States
Rep

You can always disconnect the battery and let it sit for a while sometimes this will reset the modules and clear some fault codes allowing them to return to normal operation.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2016, 12:48 AM   #8
Boosted135i
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Did you start the car before attempting to close the windows? If your driver side window did not go down when you pressed the unlock button on the key fob it could be the regulator but I'm not really sure.

To reset the sunroof press the tilt up button, wait for sunroof to rise, continue to hold the button and the sunroof will go through the entire open and close sequence resetting it.
I have tried all options including starting the car and attempting to roll up the drivers window and close the sunroof.
I have also tried the sunroof deal a few times both with car running and also with just the start button on.
I disco the battery...reconnected it and no luck...and now also have an active steering code...its 1 thing after another.
I am regretting this purchase quickly
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2016, 12:55 AM   #9
TheFox
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have tried all options including starting the car and attempting to roll up the drivers window and close the sunroof.
I have also tried the sunroof deal a few times both with car running and also with just the start button on.
I disco the battery...reconnected it and no luck...and now also have an active steering code...its 1 thing after another.
I am regretting this purchase quickly
Was this the first time you had used the sunroof or window? or had it worked prior to this?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2016, 01:13 AM   #10
Boosted135i
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Was this the first time you had used the sunroof or window? or had it worked prior to this?
First time for sunroof as i just bought it 2 weeks ago and its the middle of the winter...
Windows have been perfect....idk wth to do
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2016, 01:33 AM   #11
TheFox
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
First time for sunroof as i just bought it 2 weeks ago and its the middle of the winter...
Windows have been perfect....idk wth to do
If you can hear the motor run when you try and use the window it may be a regulator issue. The sunroof is bothering me it could be an electrical issue but I would think that would effect both windows. Hopefully someone else can chime in with some more input.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2016, 06:04 AM   #12
Ric in RVA
Bergspyder
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW 128i Sport 6mt

Should be a cover to remove on the overhead and allen key in the tools to close the sunroof.

Can't help you fix it though.

2011 128i 6 MT Sport, 2009 Cayman 987.2, 2011 528i N52, 2018 F150 Platinum
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2016, 08:26 AM   #13
Boosted135i
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If you can hear the motor run when you try and use the window it may be a regulator issue. The sunroof is bothering me it could be an electrical issue but I would think that would effect both windows. Hopefully someone else can chime in with some more input.
I went out this a.m and tried pressing up on the sunroof button with the push start on in 1st position (not running)
Luckily it worked for the sunroof and for now its closed!
The anti-trap roof still displays...will that go away or should i disco the battery and it will remove that code?

As for the window...its still stuck. I can hear the click down by my left foot inside the OBD door. I am going to check fuses for the drivers window as well in the meantime..

Other ideas?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2016, 03:53 PM   #14
TheFox
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I went out this a.m and tried pressing up on the sunroof button with the push start on in 1st position (not running)
Luckily it worked for the sunroof and for now its closed!
The anti-trap roof still displays...will that go away or should i disco the battery and it will remove that code?

As for the window...its still stuck. I can hear the click down by my left foot inside the OBD door. I am going to check fuses for the drivers window as well in the meantime..

Other ideas?
From what I understand most people who have this code the motor will still move the window in increments however it sounds like your window doesn't even move. If I was in your position I would be taking the door panel off and inspecting for something that may be blocking the window (junk in the tracks or even window tint stuck up near the window seal) if that isnt the issue it is most likely the motor.

Im glad you got the sunroof closed but at this point if you are not comfortable inspecting the door yourself I would take it to your local independent shop or dealer and see what they think.
Appreciate 0